Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have american thunder flowmasters with Mac o/r h and JBA shorty's.

The drone is pretty bad. Car sounds awesome but think I might want to change it.

I was thinking maybe between Bassani and Super 40's.

Whats the interior noise difference between these two? HP gains? and all that good stuff.

If you have a vid or audio clip of a 5.0 with bassani, I would really appreciate it!!:happydance:

Which of the two would you get to cut down interior noise and still keep the badass mustang sound?:scratchchin

·
Registered
135 Posts
youtube it. You will find all sorts of exhaust systems setups on there. Personally i like my Mac o/r Hpipe(exhaust pulses merges together above 3 grand where hpipes loose this ability above 3k therefore hpipe loose the potential hp gain from it. and sounds better then the hpipe. I love my setup..great sounds, head turners,deep throaty sound, and a nice idling cam sound(even on a stock motor)..and well makes a stock cam sound beasty-I had a couple guys ask me what cam i was runnin just cuz the way my mac xpipe and flowmasters 40s made my stock 5.0 sound.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well my main thing was decreasong interior resonance. and out of the two I said, what you guys thought.

And I have youtube'd it and there not a lot of bassani mufflers with o/r H on a 5.0

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
There's not too many Bassani clips that I've seen. I can tell you about the Super 40's. They do decrease the resonance, while keeping the Flowmaster sound. This is because they use the Delta 40 style construction designed to get rid of the drone. They do have a tone but it isn't what others call the drone. Sounds good but you don't have to yell to talk to the passenger.

·
Registered
697 Posts
I run a bassani X pipe with the super 4o's with stainless steel piping and I dont get that droning type sound. BBK SHORTIES WITH NO CATS

·
Registered
211 Posts
I also have the Super 40's. I have a Steeda High Flow H-Pipe and JBA 1 5/8" headers. The Super 40's sound fantastic. Like Eagle posted, you don't have the drone anymore because of the Delta Flow chamber, but you do have a great tone in the car. After years of running the original 40's I couldn't stand the drone anymore. The Super 40's are, in my opinion, the best muffler Flowmaster has ever made.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.