Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About two weeks ago, I was on my way to work when I noticed the accent lights/instrument cluster inside my car were dimming and my battery gauge was going from normal to low, then bounced back to normal when I revved the car. I figured it was the battery and purchased a new battery. Everything seemed to be fine until about 1 week and 5 days later, the car starts having the same symptoms once again. I'm thinking all along it was my alternator and not the battery causing this. One of my friends is telling me about an alternator relay or fuse that could be bad. I car pool to work and luckily this week is not my week to drive so the car is just going to sit. I only have 60,000 miles on the stang but everything is 8 years old from the factory (except the new battery). What does this sound like to you guys? Thought I would get a second opinion, thanks!

G

·
Alternator.

Same problem in my '89. Check the contacts and the wiring first. I had bad luck with mine and had a wire break leaving only one AC wire powering the car as opposed to the two.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts