Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day I was getting on the highway and was behind a bluehair that got on doin 25mph, so I floored it to get around her. I noticed that my battery light came on when I did it, and turned off when I let off the gas. It only does it when I floor it, not when I goose it. I had autozone hook it up and it didn't throw any codes, they also tested the battery and alternator, both tested fine. Is this normal? By the way I have a 2000 V6 vert with lots of suspension mods, and only engine mod is a CAI. Has anyone else experienced this? What can I do to fix it?

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
The other day I was getting on the highway and was behind a bluehair that got on doin 25mph, so I floored it to get around her. I noticed that my battery light came on when I did it, and turned off when I let off the gas. It only does it when I floor it, not when I goose it. I had autozone hook it up and it didn't throw any codes, they also tested the battery and alternator, both tested fine. Is this normal? By the way I have a 2000 V6 vert with lots of suspension mods, and only engine mod is a CAI. Has anyone else experienced this? What can I do to fix it?
Either an electrical short or the alternator is draining the battery when you mash on it. Check your fuses. What kind of electronic peripherals do you have running? (IE stereo components, lights, gauges etc)

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Either an electrical short or the alternator is draining the battery when you mash on it. Check your fuses. What kind of electronic peripherals do you have running? (IE stereo components, lights, gauges etc)
The only thing I have changed elictronic wise is a new head unit for the stereo. I haven't added anything else electrical.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.