Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted earlier about my battery light. It comes on at high rpm, and stays on for about 10 seconds or so. Some one said it could be a bad alternator but i went and got it checked today, and it tested good. So did the battery which i knew it would cause its brand new. Any body else have this problem? Any body know what it is? Thanks

·
Registered
613 Posts
I posted earlier about my battery light. It comes on at high rpm, and stays on for about 10 seconds or so. Some one said it could be a bad alternator but i went and got it checked today, and it tested good. So did the battery which i knew it would cause its brand new. Any body else have this problem? Any body know what it is? Thanks
You gotta get the charging system tested at a shop. Just because it's a new battery doesn't mean anything. I've seen new battery's end up to be junk. I've also seen battery lights come on because of corrosion on the battery terminals. make sure your terminals are clean and tight. You should not be able to wiggle them at all if they are all the way tight.

·
Registered
613 Posts
The charging test said 24.63 drain. Any ideas whats causing it to drain? And what could cause this to happen.
Is anything plugged into you cig lighter? GPS, cell phone charger, radar detecter?

·
Registered
603 Posts
have the altenator checked it maybe losing power at higher rpms

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.