Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I just have a quick question for you. I have recently purchased a 1991 GT and it has the BBK CAI that has the cone shaped full length filter. I went to the BBK website and I noticed that they also sell a CAI that mounts in the fender well.

Would I notice any kind of decrease in power if I changed out my standard CAI with the inside fender mounted model? i know that it sounds kind of dumb being the car already has a CAI installed but I worry about moisture and or water getting in the standard CAI and also the engine would be sucking in hot air with the standard CAI that I have vs. a fender-well mounted model.

I just want to say that this website rocks and I have learned more about my car in the last 48 hours then I have ever known. To every one who contributes...keep up the great work!

·
Banned
269 Posts
I have the bbk cai fenderwall design and I can say just bolting it on you can notice the power difference compared to stock. And as far as rain and water being sucked up, its quite the contrary. With the fenderwall design you actually have to worry more about that kind of stuff. The fenderwall design will make a little more power because of the cooler air but in my opinion I would just keep the one you got. The difference is not going to be noticeable.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
I agree just stick with what you have. There's not going to be any difference in power. It would be a waste of money.
I have a K&N filter thats mounted under my hood and i noticed a difference over stock. Noticed a little better throttle response and a tiny bit more power.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
You won't notice enough of a difference to justify buying another kit.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Yea i felt a little better throttle response but nothin major. As far as sucking stuff up in it as long as you have splash guards inside your fender well you won't have that problem.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the great info!

Hey, I appreciate the advice and I will save my money and put those towards those GT-40 heads I keep reading about. You guys rock!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts