Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was recently reading Muscle Mustang magazine and they had a review of the new BBK CAI without reflash to the computer. Has anyone out there installed this product, if so how hard was the install, and is the difference noticeable?? Also if you chose another CAI, which is the best for the money?

Thanks......:cool:

·
Registered
483 Posts
the general rule of thumb is this:

if the MAF housing diameter on the new air kit is larger than the stock MAF housing, AND the new kit does not come with a re-calibrated MAF sensor, then you will most likely need a re-tune (either custom or with an XCAL or Predator) as the stock MAF sensor is calibrated to the diameter of the stock MAF housing unit.

If the MAF housing diameter on the new air kit is the SAME AS the stock MAF housing, or it using the stock MAF housing, then you probably don't need to retune it, but the overall increase in airflow will be somewhat less.

The Steeda and C&L air kits use larger MAF housing units. To get the most out of them, you need to retune.

~MO

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
I have seen nothing about the BBK CAI yet... anyone???

The only one we know to work without a tune is the K&N unit.

Even if you get a custom tune you'll have to buy the tuner.

The C&L is very popular and in top regarding power, the higest gains I seen constantly is with the JLT!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts