Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saved 200$ to buy myself my first mod. A bbk Cold air intake,on american muslce the bbk says no re tune required. if any one has a bbk cai is it okay just to buy the cai with no tune and also still use regualar unleaded 87 gas...

IS this a great first mod to get for my 2008 v6 vert or tell me what i should doo.

THANKSSSSS

·
Registered
432 Posts
Without a tune, you're probably not going to notice much of a difference. I only speak from GT experience, not sure about the sixers.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Yeah, no safety issues. It will breathe a little better & you may notice a little more "pep" but once you get to the point that you can get a tune..........you'll see the difference I'm talking about. I would make sure that whatever CAI you get, can be used with a tune later down the road.

·
Registered
566 Posts
ive had the bbk cai for about a year now and when i first installed it im check engine light came on right away i tried different gas checked all my connections everything was installed right i had the code cleared but it still came back i had no choice but to get a tune

if you install the bbk cai and you dont trigger the check engine light then its safe to drive with out a tune allthough you wont notice as much power gain as a custome tune would provide great first mod and getting a custome tuner would be a great second mod it will come in handy for every other mod you get

·
Registered
751 Posts
It might be safe, but I'd save up and get that CAI and tuner combo. The CAI that requires a tune will get you a lore more bang for the buck. And the tune will really wake the car.

·
Registered
751 Posts
this says no tune required.. so will it still be good if i do eventually get a tune
Yes but not as good as a CAI the requires a tune.

·
Registered
505 Posts
would recommend not using 87 octane gas with the bbk..tried it to save a little money and the stang ran like turds...run nothing but 93 in it now and it made a huge difference in the power gained..dont know if this true for anyone else....:)???

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Good job bringing this 2 year old thread up
:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
328 Posts
I just saved 200$ to buy myself my first mod. A bbk Cold air intake,on american muslce the bbk says no re tune required. if any one has a bbk cai is it okay just to buy the cai with no tune and also still use regualar unleaded 87 gas...

IS this a great first mod to get for my 2008 v6 vert or tell me what i should doo.

THANKSSSSS
This was my first mod and I liked it alot I recently bought a tuner and I am using the 93 octane race tune going with the tuner is the best route it really wakes up the car but the CAI is usually the first mod people do good choice :yup:

·
Registered
328 Posts
would recommend not using 87 octane gas with the bbk..tried it to save a little money and the stang ran like turds...run nothing but 93 in it now and it made a huge difference in the power gained..dont know if this true for anyone else....:)???
hell yeah man 93 all the way really improves the performance

·
Registered
239 Posts
I have it and I havn't had an engine light. It looks good and it has a nice whistle. I will probably get a tuner soon though

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
i think it ******** that bbk says no tune required and then the engine light comes on. someone should sue thier asses silly
The BBK seems to be right on the edge of needing or not needing a tune. A lot of people have needed to get one, and a lot of people have been just fine without one. I wouln't get one without a tune personally

1 - 16 of 16 Posts