Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
I was wondering how good is this air intake. I dont have enough money to get a CAI and a Tune. The tune is way to expensive. And AM (american muscle) says it does not need a tune. So is it safe to use this without a tune? If anyone has this CAI tell me how you like it and how hard was it to install. Thanks

http://www.americanmuscle.com/bbk-2005-v6-cai.html

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
yup itl be safe if it says no tune required

·
Registered
73 Posts
I ran this CAI without a tune for several months and had no issues.

As most people will tell you on this forum, you won't really unlock the power of any CAI until you get a tune for it, even if it states a "no tune" required.

Once I got the BAMA race tune in place though, it was night and day performance wise over just the CAI.

Install instructions at the link below...

http://www.bbkperformance.com/product_images/product-video-230.wmv

·
Registered
769 Posts
on that cai u dont need a tune ,if i were u check e bay u can get ur self a cai for less than that and it will do trhe same :)

·
Registered
566 Posts
sorry to say but when i bought my bbk cai i had no choice but to get a tuner and you get much more power with a tuner with that cai i would recommend getting a tuner it sucks to have a mod but cant use it cause your cel comes on

instal was cake just need some very basic tools

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
its worth saveing up for a tuner and a CAI that requires tuneing

·
Registered
70 Posts
do tunes require the use of premium gas? and custom tunes, what makes them custom? if all I had was a CAI, wouldn't the tune be the same as everyone else with just a CAI?

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
no tune cai means no nothing. no performance ect ect. save your money till you can get a tuner combo, it will be worth the wait. no you dont have to run premium, but you can if you choose. you can get a custom tune( you`ll get 3 with the combo) of your choice. like 87 performance,91 performance, 91 street race ect. they are tunes writen for your car. if you add some upgrades, they can upgrade your tunes to get the most out of your car, milage, speed, power.:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.