Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello...i'am a new user in this forum...i am an italian proud owner of a 2006 mustang gt with manual shifiting...I decide to write here because i want to chage my intake and my throttle body with a complete set from bbk...But i want to modify the electronic with a sct livewire tuner.The question i want to ask to you is this:can i install the bbk intake and throttle with the cal of the sct tuner?or is better to buy another complete packaging??thank you very much for your time and sorry for my horrible english!

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
the intakes really arent worth much to a engine with out F/I applications ( forced induction)

but the intake and tuner are great!

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
The CAI is a good choice. You don't need a throttle body especially a BBK. They have a lot of tuning problems. And unless you have some monster mods the stock one will work great. The Livewire is OK but unless you want the extra stuff, I would just go with a SCT X3. A good custom tune with a CAI is the best performance for the money. I recommend Tillman Speed, one of our forum sponsors.

Oh yea, Welcome to AFM

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So in you opinion the 65mm throttle body of bbk is not sensational,right?where can i find a all-in-one package(chrome intake-sct tuner-good CAI) at a good price?thank you very much for your time!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Drew is right, BBK is nothing but problems. As far as a livewire tune W/CAI, it's just a canned tune for your year and model Mustang. That's why you see, all these tuner companys advertising cars wanted. They want to use your car, to create a tune for that year and model. But on that one particular vehicle, it gets a custom tune the rest get a canned tune based on that custom tune. Just remember one thing, every car reacts differently to every parameter that has been changed to create that tune. If you want to start off modding your car, you start off small like with a CAI of your choice and an SCT X3 or even an X Cal-2 9400 series so they can be used for custom tuning. If you were to by the combo, from SCT you could have 10 06 GT's put the same parts on them and download the tune file. Now put them on the dyno, and your going to have 10 different readings. Reason being the donor car, was the only car with a custom tune, so the rest have a canned tune based on the custom tune created on the donor car. If you want the most out of your car, and money isn't an issue I would start with changing the exhaust, gears to 4.10's, JLT CAI, and an SCT X3 tuner and have it custom dyno tuned. Then just go from there, a little at a time and you'll see and feel a big difference, Mike. SCT Tuner.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
So in you opinion the 65mm throttle body of bbk is not sensational,right?where can i find a all-in-one package(chrome intake-sct tuner-good CAI) at a good price?thank you very much for your time!:bigthumbsup
Thats right forget the throttle body. If you want the chrome look then you can go with the BBK. But if your looking for performance the JLT and C&L CAIs are a lot more popular. I would go with Tillman Speed. If you don't see what you need just e-mail Chris and he can put any combination together you want.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I heard that the 4,10 gears are too short for a daily use...it's a fake?the next step i want to do is an aftermarket intake with tune,because the standard intake has a torque too much irregular.I already change my exhaust with a muffler delete type..I don't want to do something to my car that isn't 100% safe..:)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
anf what do you think about the functional hood scoop?it could be a good choice?it has better or worst gain with the intake with the conic filter?thanks a lot

·
Registered
954 Posts
The hood scoop really doesn't do anything for you.

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
Just get an intake and tune from one of our forum sponsors. Tillman Speed and Brenspeed have very good combination deals.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Give us a call or drop us an email or private message. I think you'd be EXTREMELY happy with our C&L Racer intake and tune package, and a set of 3.73 gears! :bigthumbsup

Chris

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.