Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I JUST ORDERED THESE ON AMERICAN MUSCLE TODAY $469 FOR THE LONG TUBES AND $169 FOR THE OFF ROAD X PIPE I ENDED UP GOING WITH THESE BECAUSE I DIDNT WANT TO WAIT FOR THE BORLA OR BASSANI, AND FROM WHAT IF READ ON THE FORUMS THE PRICE IS GONNA BE SUBSTANTIALLY MORE THEN THE BBK'S. I KNOW THIS IS GONNA BE A FAIRLY LOUD SETUP ESPECIALLY WITH MY DRONEY ROUSH AXLE BACKS.

BUT MY QUESTION TO ALL THE 2011 V6 MUSTANG OWNERS IS DOES ANYONE HAVE THIS SET UP IF SO HOW DO YOU LIKE IT? HOW WAS THE INSTALL? ANY TIPS FOR THE INSTALL? AS I WILL BE DOING THIS ON 4 JACK STANDS
THANKS GUYS!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
478 Posts
i dont have a 2011 but i cant wait to hear it:yup: let us know how it goes and get a vid up when its all done

·
Registered
381 Posts
PLEASE LOWER YOUR VOICE!!! Or at least turn off the caps lock. Some of the members here will probably give you guff for it.

While I don't have the setup you're talking about, I know there are at least a couple of videos on youtube with exactly what you're getting. The install should be realitively easy on jackstands, if I remember hearing correctly the hardest part is getting the drivers side exhaust to come out of the stock X. Stock manifolds should come out through the top and I don't remember how the bbk's went in, from top or bottom. I think from the bottom. But I know there is also a youtube video of an elapsed installation of the headers. Hope some of this helps. Search 2011 mustang v6 bbk

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Do a search, there is a thread and videos of exactly the setup you are getting, install video and sound.

You most likely won't like the off-road x-pipe, makes it radically loud.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Being 19 years old it wont. Thats exactly what I'm going for I want the car to be very loud. That's why I orderd the o/r x pipe. Ives seen the install video by hardcore skip but its not as detailed as id like it to be this will be my first time installing headers

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
I JUST ORDERED THESE ON AMERICAN MUSCLE TODAY $469 FOR THE LONG TUBES AND $169 FOR THE OFF ROAD X PIPE I ENDED UP GOING WITH THESE BECAUSE I DIDNT WANT TO WAIT FOR THE BORLA OR BASSANI, AND FROM WHAT IF READ ON THE FORUMS THE PRICE IS GONNA BE SUBSTANTIALLY MORE THEN THE BBK'S. I KNOW THIS IS GONNA BE A FAIRLY LOUD SETUP ESPECIALLY WITH MY DRONEY ROUSH AXLE BACKS.

BUT MY QUESTION TO ALL THE 2011 V6 MUSTANG OWNERS IS DOES ANYONE HAVE THIS SET UP IF SO HOW DO YOU LIKE IT? HOW WAS THE INSTALL? ANY TIPS FOR THE INSTALL? AS I WILL BE DOING THIS ON 4 JACK STANDS
THANKS GUYS!:bigthumbsup
Thanks for purchasing with us; that is the same setup we have on our 2011 V6 project car and we love the results!

The sound, the fitment and the power gains are just what the V6 doctor ordered. Installation wasn't too crazy for long-tubes, the starter and steering shaft need to be tucked out of the way and for ease of installation, lift the driver's side of the motor. If you have ever installed long-tubes these should be no different.

We saw 15whp throughout the powerband, Naturally-aspirated on our Dynojet.
You are sure to love them as much as we do!

I hope this helps!
Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions in the future!

·
Registered
6,803 Posts

Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions in the future![/quote]

Not bad, I suppose! Was this fresh out of the box? Or were the results after a header tune? Do you have a tune for these?

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Installation wasn't too crazy for long-tubes, the starter and steering shaft need to be tucked out of the way and for ease of installation, lift the driver's side of the motor. If you have ever installed long-tubes these should be no different.
The installation video I saw they didn't have to do any of that to get the V6 headers installed.

All that work had to be done for the GT but not the V6.

Are you sure you didn't mix that up?

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
The installation video I saw they didn't have to do any of that to get the V6 headers installed.

All that work had to be done for the GT but not the V6.

Are you sure you didn't mix that up?
Actually, you might be right. I must have been thinking GT. On the 2011 V6 project car I do actually remember them complaining less after the install. I'll check with them tomorrow and see if there was anything special that had to be done. I don't think I was in the shop for that install, I was elsewhere in the building.

If the motor didn't need to be lifted slightly and steering shaft and starter didn't have to be moved out of the way, that install should be cake!

Not bad, I suppose! Was this fresh out of the box? Or were the results after a header tune? Do you have a tune for these?
There's actually not much to the "header tune", so to speak. We just verify that fuel trims and air/fuel ratio are the same and that's really all there is too it. In engineering terms, the headers should have no affect on the tune, as the MAF calibration will take care of anything, as long as proper feedback is given by the front O2 sensors.

In reality, the car needs to be richened up just a hair top-end. Also, depending on year/model Mustang, settings must be adjusted so that the o2 sensors are expected to be further downstream away from the motor, and even their heating characteristics modified for thin-wall headers or cold start problems.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
449 Posts
make sure you get the $50 dollars from bbk , the extensions are the wrong length. call them up if you need further instruction.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the feedback guys! Does anybody know if the correct 02 extentions have been released yet?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Not that I've heard of. But that's why BBK released a tech video to show how to solder the extensions correctly. Cheaper than R&D to go that route. That's what the 50$ is for. Your time and the extra wires you'll have to supply.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I just was able to get to my car to look at the wiring and it is not even close to the wiring on previous models. The new wiring has a rectangular prong setup instead of the circular prong setup as on previous years. You would think that when BBK released the headers they would have designed the proper wiring extensions because that would be the sensible thing to do.

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
I just was able to get to my car to look at the wiring and it is not even close to the wiring on previous models. The new wiring has a rectangular prong setup instead of the circular prong setup as on previous years. You would think that when BBK released the headers they would have designed the proper wiring extensions because that would be the sensible thing to do.
BBK doesn't design or make the extensions, they buy them from a supplier and I guess so far they have not found a supplier for the new style sensor extensions.

Could a previous years sensors be put on the 2011 or would it trash everything?
The new sensors are wideband sensors, old style are narrow band, they do not give compatible outputs.

·
Registered
232 Posts
That's what I was afraid of. Looks like time to brush up on my soldering skills. Thanks for the help Ltngdrvr

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well on my 2011 GT I put the LT OR-X and a CAI got tunes from Bama and I put down 458 RWHP
I don't know if the dyno is worng or what but I was happy and it felt like a new car and it was loud as hell
I read that these car respond well with all this and it really did

You can check out my videos on YouTube Search ( chasenovotny1289)

2011 Mustang GT Black steeda CAI, BBK LT , BBK OR X, Muffler deletes

1 - 20 of 23 Posts