Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just figured I would write in for the benefit of anyone considering doing the BBK Longtube install. I just installed the BBK Longtube 1 5/8" headers and short H-Pipe with Cats on my 1990 GT. The install was a piece of cake (much easier than long tube headers on a 1966 Mustang). It took me about 6 hours total (I broke a spark plug when I dropped the passenger side header on it...the extra trip to the store added some time). I used the BBK supplied gaskets and header bolts and everything went together fine...it has been 500-600 miles by now and no leaks at all. I did not have to remove the starter. I installed the driver side header from underneath...very easy fitmet. I installed the passenger side header from above...had to unbolt the passenger side engine mount (21mm nut I believe, I forget) which took about 2 minutes and then jack the engine up from underneath with a piece of wood. I'm not sure how far up I jacked the engine, but the header literally fell into place while I was jacking(thus the broken spark plug). I also posted some pics. The headers did turn blue within the first 150 miles. I do not have any pics of that yet.

Overall though, easy install. I do not feel any performance difference. But, it does have a very distinct sound...I love it. It is surprisingly quiet...especially considering I have flowmasters on it.
Cheers,
Chris

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.