Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1993 5.0L Mustang. I am having trouble with my gaskets. I have a BBK Throttle body, and for some reason I cant get the gaskets in the way they are suppose to be. My motor is sucking coolant in from my egr plate, and I know its because the gaskets are in wrong. I was wondering if someone could give me a picture of the proper way, or a detailed description. I think the egr side and the intake side are wrong... So I dont waste another thread I was trying to get some wide low profile tires for my 15 inch rims(the kind with the spindle look) Thanks

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Here's the one that's meant to go between the EGR spacer and the intake, the other with the small tabs on the outer edge of it goes between the throttle body and spacer. I've always put them in with the two sections that attach to the inner ring at the top and bottom, I haven't had a problem doing it this way and I didn't use any sealant.

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input... I had to by-pass my egr plate because of this(coolant). I'll check it out this weekend. I noticed my car hasnt been running as strong, could this be because of by-passing the egr plate. I by-passed with 2 clamps, and some brake line.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
I doubt it's to do with bypassing it, if it was leaking enough inside there to get coolant into the engine, that would be my guess where the loss in power is coming from. The coolant may have actually been sealing it, when you bypassed it now there's a vacuum leak.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.