Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  1. Shipping early July. At 73mm it is bigger than the 70mm they initally said. Any reason why , and would that 3mm make any difference? They say 10-15 WHEEL horsepower!

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Probably made it bigger because the 70 didn't do anything.

Can't imagine the 73 would do anything either for a stock motor.

Probably would be good on a ProCharger boosted motor.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I don't know.... 3mm is just shy of 1/8th inch larger in diameter. If the greatest bottleneck of the intake system is at the throttle body inlet and not the cai or air box, (citing multiple posts on cai threads that the stock air box and or cai pull in more than enough air for the capacity of the throttle body inlet) I could forsee this bringing an increase in rwhp on a stock motor. Don't know how the stock (or cai) m.a.f tubes would fit or any of the logistics of tuning a throttle body, but I'll be keeping my eye out for it for sure. We'll see what the price range is.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They have it listed at stage3motorsports and on the bbk site. 400 bucks! Whew!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Sounds like that's pretty much the starting point for any performance mod other than just a cai. lol Tuner, $370, Chrome long tubes, $479, catted X $450, catback $450, gear change/install $450-550,

I'm seeing a trend here...

Guess I'll be waiting for someone else to be the guinea pig and see if it's worth it.

·
Registered
670 Posts
rather wait a while for that to drop

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Someone needs to make an adapter to bolt the t-body from a GT to the V6. There should be some take-off GT t-bodies around from any of the Roush blower installs.

Just skip the high dollar BBK 73mm and jump up to a GT 80mm unit...:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
381 Posts
Someone needs to make an adapter to bolt the t-body from a GT to the V6. There should be some take-off GT t-bodies around from any of the Roush blower installs.

Now THAT sir, sounds like a pretty good idea!!!

·
Registered
331 Posts
I agree...adapter plate FTW! Would be best to get the boss intake manifold though first if it ever comes out!

·
Registered
637 Posts
BBK Throttle Body V6 2011

Any brave soul try one of these yet, if so can you please provide us with results.

1- Plant's your A$$ in the seat feel?
2- Dynos
3- Engine noise

I myself don't think it will do anything at all to make it worth it, but I'd love for someone to convince me otherwise.

·
Registered
254 Posts
  1. Shipping early July. At 73mm it is bigger than the 70mm they initally said. Any reason why , and would that 3mm make any difference? They say 10-15 WHEEL horsepower!
Its 8% larger and a waste of money. Unless your engine revs to 8000RPM and you have 3:73 gears the 1st thing you will notice is your car lays down, torque starved to 4000RPM.:yup:

·
Registered
433 Posts

I've already done this... No substantial gains naturally aspirated. Will have to try it again with ProCharger.

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr

Just skip the high dollar BBK 73mm and jump up to a GT 80mm unit...
I've already done this... No substantial gains naturally aspirated. Will have to try it again with ProCharger.
No surprise there, stock throttle body is plenty for most N/A apps, bet it shows gains on the boosted app though.

You planning on offering the adapter?

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I don't know why I'm beginning to dislike BBK. The CAI on my last V6 starved my engine on the dyno (according to the tech), the throttle body on the 4.0 v6 and 4.6 v8 was trash and didnt work right half the time. No one really even considers the CAI for these engines and now another useless TB.

I sure hope the Longtubes are better than their previous products.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts