Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this year I have decided to do the visual up grades on the car and over the winter when shes is parked I will do the performance modifications. This is what i am wanting to do.......

i am going to get tint next month was thinking 5% on the rear and sides and for the front 2 I was going to do 35%. I already have the billet grill on the top I have ordered the bottom one so i will have that. My real problem is choosing the fuel door. I don't think I want chrome as my rims will not be chrome, But my grills are chrome. I have posted pics of the stuff I am getting and of the fuel doors. IDK what to pic please help:confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts
I like that black chrome one (i'm guessing thats what color it is, the one on the bottom)

·
Registered
633 Posts
man i want one of those chrome gt fuel doors but have you check the price on them bad boys close to 200 dollars after tax and shipping.for a damn fuel door thats crazy.but i do want one but i also cant decide which finish i want i like the polished chrome but i bet it would be hard to keep clean and shinny.and i am all so saving up for the classic chin spolier.i am on the fence about those side window louvers.i worry about being able to see having a blind spot when changing lanes.and for tint it really made my car look good i went 15% all the way arround its just right.

S

·
0 Posts
The black billet door with the GT logo in it is what I'm planning to get. I think it would look awesome on your color combo.

:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
415 Posts
Well I can say the rear window louvers do not block your view. That was my concern as well. But I have not had an issue with mine. Cleaning behind them, that another story. I made a cloth on a stick to do it. Also, I bought mine unpainted and did it myself. I am not a pro but I do a pretty good job. These were a pain to do and I had to redo them several times to get them the way I wanted. Food for thought if you were thinking about doing them yourself.

Tint - I would not go 5%. Did that and yes it looks really cool till you try backing out of a parking spot at night and you can't see crap behind you. :happyhapp I have 20% in back and 35% on the sides, and like it.

The funny thing is the one mod I made that EVERYONE comments on is the blue led dome lights I put in. Super bright and they light up the black interior awesome. Every time I hit the unlock button at night, someone has to make a comment. Almost looks like the care is bathed in a blacklight. :rockon:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the input guys, i am leaning more towards the bottom fuel door I believe its called polished. I think it would go better with my Shelby Razor rims as I am getting them in the gunmetal with the polished outer rim. I have decided to do 15% in the back and 25% in the front for the tint. I totally was not thinking of the driving at night lol, I will already lose some visibility out the side windows with the louvers.

I was wondering about cleaning behind the louvers as well, I was thinking of getting the fake slotted ones but then you lose all visibility. The rag on a stick is a good idea so true slotted it is for me :).

·
Registered
13,191 Posts
I like the bottom fuel door you chose also. :bigthumbsup

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.