Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told by Moser than after you cross the 10.99 range in the 1/4 then you can't run C-clips anymore, so you will need to swap to c-clip eliminators. No big deal right? Well they said that c-clip elminators dont survive on street driven cars because the blocks that the bearings are in, stretch and wear down and flex. Well I dont want to all the trouble of swapping to a 9" or anything. I figure I will go with Moser axles or Strange Engineering 31 spline axles and a Detroit locker or the Detroit True Trac. I would love to have the locker but I cant find one that says it goes up to a 2002. But I will easily settle for a True Trac. I am gonna start running stickier tires, e.t. streets or big DRs so I wanna make sure Im not gonna snap something at a track 60 miles from home. What do you think?

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
87_5point0 said:
I was told by Moser than after you cross the 10.99 range in the 1/4 then you can't run C-clips anymore, so you will need to swap to c-clip eliminators. No big deal right? Well they said that c-clip elminators dont survive on street driven cars because the blocks that the bearings are in, stretch and wear down and flex. Well I dont want to all the trouble of swapping to a 9" or anything. I figure I will go with Moser axles or Strange Engineering 31 spline axles and a Detroit locker or the Detroit True Trac. I would love to have the locker but I cant find one that says it goes up to a 2002. But I will easily settle for a True Trac. I am gonna start running stickier tires, e.t. streets or big DRs so I wanna make sure Im not gonna snap something at a track 60 miles from home. What do you think?
Unless you are going to be running slicks at the track, you can probably get away with keeping the C-clips. I'm not saying Moser is wrong, but I have heard of street cars using C-clip eliminators. I would ask someone who is running them on the street and hear what they have to say about it.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Monkey Boy said:
Unless you are going to be running slicks at the track, you can probably get away with keeping the C-clips. I'm not saying Moser is wrong, but I have heard of street cars using C-clip eliminators. I would ask someone who is running them on the street and hear what they have to say about it.
Well I need to find someone. But like you stay, a street car, but I mean a daily driven car thats taking the abuse day in and day out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.