Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Remember the days when you had to really wheel and deal to get MSRP buying a new Mustang? Most dealers even wanted a $5K or more dealer markup.

Yesterday, I saw two different local dealers offering a $6K rebate on any new base or GT Mustang.

No discounts of course on the Shelby GT or GT500 though. :thumbdown

What a difference a couple of years makes.

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
its all supply and demand. they can't sell the mustangs like they used to before. in 2005, they had 160,000 orders for 80,000 available cars. what do they do? crank up the price (not realistic numbers but you get the point)

·
Registered
917 Posts
If you want the first ones, you pay the price. I paid msrp for mine but in the beginning of 05, it was unbelievable how many people would be shocked. That alone made it worth it.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
If you want the first ones, you pay the price. I paid msrp for mine but in the beginning of 05, it was unbelievable how many people would be shocked. That alone made it worth it.
Exactly the same for me. I paid msrp (somethig I've never done), but the cool factor was huge. I remember going to a cruise in for classic cars (new cars weren't allowed). So I parked my car, and went for a stroll. I came back to my car to find 10 people (no joke) standing around looking at my car.
While they're more commonplace now, I've still been able to make mine unique, and that's what makes it fun.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
539 Posts
The economy. Alot fewer people have the extra cash to purchase a new vehicle. Everything is costing more due to shipping cost have to go up to compensate for the added fuel cost. Added fuel cost means fewrer people want a car that doesn't have a power problem but tends to have a mpg problem.(Nice way to say Mustangs like to drink gas.) Thats all I'm going to say their is a LOT more to it but I just don't have the energy to explain then rebut the obligitory arguements then reiterate what I was saying and destroying theyre arguement with logic it all boils down to your choice in November.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
I saw two different dealers offering a $6K rebate on any new Mustang GT.
I'm still waiting for them to offer a "buy one - get one free" coupon.

·
Registered
41,825 Posts
I'm still waiting for them to offer a "buy one - get one free" coupon.
Well if sales keep on going like they are who knows they may LOL.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Ford called me and said they had o% finacing , I told them to call back when they had 0 payments.LOL!

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
The economy. Alot fewer people have the extra cash to purchase a new vehicle. Everything is costing more due to shipping cost have to go up to compensate for the added fuel cost. Added fuel cost means fewrer people want a car that doesn't have a power problem but tends to have a mpg problem.(Nice way to say Mustangs like to drink gas.) Thats all I'm going to say their is a LOT more to it but I just don't have the energy to explain then rebut the obligitory arguements then reiterate what I was saying and destroying theyre arguement with logic it all boils down to your choice in November.
Laughing Out Loud.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
They have really puts the brakes on loans.Its like the housing crunch.If your credit sucks purchasing a new Stang/house is prolly out of the question.O'Meara Ford was offering a free S/C on the left over 07'GT's a few weeks back to to move them.

This also reminds me of the oil embargo back in the early seventies and they couldn't sell muscle cars when gas prices doubled to 60 cents a gallon.It didn't stop my step-dad,he bought a new 73'Mach 1 w/a 351 Cleavland.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
Lets face it... The 'newness' factor has worn off. When I got mine, there weren't more than a handful on the road. They're everywhere now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.