Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an auto with a JDM Saleen kit running 12lb pulley and about 500rwhp. Belt chirps when car downshifts under hard acceleration. JDM says this is normal and actually protects bearings on SC. It unnerves me as after going out for a hard run I can even smell rubber burning when I park the car. Don't want to have the belt snap and possibly dent the hood (recent post).

Any thoughts?

Will a heavy duty belt tensioner help? Suggestions on one?

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
I dont think we will have to worry bout the belt denting our hoods...(not mine its glass:)) the KB's will cause the way they are designed....top pulley is right next to the hood...so when the belt breaks it slaps the hood.
I hope you mean up shift on hard acceleration or you mean downshifting after a hard run?
my car will chirp the belt on deceleration if I let off the pedal quick(auto). Im sure you are aware of the thump_rrr tensioner. sure cant hurt nothing. us auto tranny guys dont have that issue...thank goodness :)

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
$teve have you tried Thumpers tensioner? My belt lasted one year. I have the forged idler pulley.Junior put the Metco bracket on 2 weeks ago. So far so good. I love the smell of burnt rubber when I pull in the garage. It is an exspensive smell.

G

·
Is the KB and Whipple HO setup also slipping/ snapping belts with higher boost or just the Saleen?

I thought I read thumprrrs tensioner resloved all that?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.