Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I recently bought a '65 coupe. I've gotten it torn down to the base frame and body at this point so I can repair the massive amounts of rust on the underbody, plus damn near everything needs replaced.

Now, down the road when it's near ready to drive, I'd like to put in a bench seat in the front. I've heard of Mustangs having them, and I've seen plenty of other older Ford cars with them. I don't mind the bucket seats, but I would like to be able to put my mastiff in the car from time to time and he wouldn't even fit on the back seat. Anyone know where I might find a bench seat I could put in, either an older one or a newer 40/20/40 I could put in with minimal fabrication?

·
Registered
397 Posts
It was an option in 68 Mustangs.
I believe it was an option in mustangs prior to that as well, although extremely rare :)

You can try retrofitting a falcon bench seat in there or start searching Ebay for the rare factory seat!

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I know they were available in '66 Mustangs. But as happy said, they are rare. I'm thinking cus nobody liked them.

I wouldn't like a bench seat but yes, my dog would of loved it. :yup: esp. since the way the rear seats are in the '66's. The lump in the middle.

·
Registered
667 Posts
AS a matter of fact I just bought an original bench seat option last year and it is a daily driver until I get my fastback done, then of course I will start restoring it. They only made 14000 bench seats in '65.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have a '66 coupe with an original bench seat and love it for the same reasons mentions...perfect for my dog! It has a fold down divider that he can rest his head on. Perfect! The back seat is too narrow for him. I bet you could find one, even though it is rare. I actually find it more comfortable for humans than the buckets, too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts