Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last weekend at PINKS All Out I launched pretty hard with a 100 shot and while i was on the return road to get my time slip i heard a clicking noise, similar to when your brake pads are worn down and the tab makes that screeching noise to alert you so i thought thats what it was.

I get home last night and my dad put the car up on jack stands and told me the axles are bent. So my question to everyone else is what axles does everyone recommend. I mainly use the car at the strip but i do some minimal street driving as well.

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
Currie or Moser make some good axles. but if your going to a 9" then just go with Currie.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I second Moser.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
How did you launch with the 100 shot ? The Zex controller only operates at WOT which you can't do with a manual off the line.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok so i guess you arent very familiar with your nitrous sytem yet Kurgan. What is preventing me from hitting WOT off the line?

I dont use a nitrous window switch. I pin the RPMs to 4k and mash the gas all the way down as i pull the clutch at the 3rd yellow or in this case the armdrop. I hit open throttle right off the line and pulled the left front wheel. and they are not skinnies.

What you might not realize is that WOT is not when the pedal is all the way to the floor its actually like halfway down when the system gets triggered.

Test it out yourself.
1. Put the key in the ignition to turn on accessory power.
2. arm the nitrous and slowly step down on the gas until you hear the nitrous spray into the intake.
3. Take note of where the gas pedal is.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
STL. How much of a PITA were they really to install. Is it more of how hard it is or just a time consuming process.

I feel if ive done the cams on this thing and recently pulled the transmission out (which was not easy) I think this is lower on the scale of diffculty.

Anyone have any input on C-Clip eliminators?

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
STL. How much of a PITA were they really to install. Is it more of how hard it is or just a time consuming process.

I feel if ive done the cams on this thing and recently pulled the transmission out (which was not easy) I think this is lower on the scale of diffculty.

Anyone have any input on C-Clip eliminators?
If you can do cams, you can certainly do this. It was just those stupid rings. Not hard, just time consuming.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Ok so i guess you arent very familiar with your nitrous sytem yet Kurgan. What is preventing me from hitting WOT off the line?

I dont use a nitrous window switch. I pin the RPMs to 4k and mash the gas all the way down as i pull the clutch at the 3rd yellow or in this case the armdrop. I hit open throttle right off the line and pulled the left front wheel. and they are not skinnies.

What you might not realize is that WOT is not when the pedal is all the way to the floor its actually like halfway down when the system gets triggered.

Test it out yourself.
1. Put the key in the ignition to turn on accessory power.
2. arm the nitrous and slowly step down on the gas until you hear the nitrous spray into the intake.
3. Take note of where the gas pedal is.
Hope you don't hit the rev limiter, bog, or miss a gear.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.