Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any suggestions for rims stricly to be used on the strip. Im looking for 15" aluminum. The Bogarts on the JPC site seem pretty legit and they fit with the stock brakes but they are pretty pricey. Anyone have any experience with other lightweight rims?

·
Registered
275 Posts
try summit, they have their own version of centerlines, drag stars etc and start under $100.
Thats probably my next set of wheels just for the track 4.5" in front and 10" fast fives.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah i was going to check out summitt but im just afraid of getting something that isnt proven to work with the stock brakes in the 05+ and fit with lower control arm relocation brackets. The Bogarts are sized perfectly with the 4" in teh front and 10" in the back. no problem with the relocation brackets but the only thing is you have to get a sway bar relocation bracket with those.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Doesnt anyone have any input on this. What is everyone running at the track?

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Hole shots, bogarts, Greg Welds shure if you can find them.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Drag rims

Hole shots, bogarts, Greg Welds shure if you can find them.
I have Greg Weld Pro Lites but had to change the rear brakes to a pre 05 to get a 10.5 rotor and caliper to clear the rims. The fronts are 5" and just needed a 1/2" spacer to clear the brakes. Center Lines will clear the brakes in the rear without a problem but you still need spacers up front. A lot depends on what size slicks you want to run also to get your backspacing right. I have a set of Center Line 15X8.5 on eBay right now because I didn't do my homework and the backspacing is wrong:mad:. If you want to know what wheels WONT fit just ask me:frustrated:

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Greg Weld does or did make wheels to fit our cars.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Bogarts hands down.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have heard and now confirmed from everyone a lot of good things about the bogarts. Unfortunately a set of rims is like 1800 + tires but nothing good comes cheap.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
PL your 07 is a beast. I was wondering what you had done to the GT500 to get it that quick or is it that fast right out of the box. I really have no idea on track times of the GT500's but I would really love to sell my car and upgrade to one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.