Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so I've got LT headers with and Off-Road H-Pipe parried with Pype Violators. They sound great at idle and when driving but when getting into it, they are raspy, too raspy for me. So my question is does anyone know what would be best? Thanks! :worship

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
You are going to get a lot of opinions. MACs would also be my first choice. Magnaflow and flowmasters would also sound good. Hell, even stock axlebacks would work well.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Borla doesn't sound raspy. but i have a catted x pipe.

·
Banned
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You are going to get a lot of opinions. MACs would also be my first choice. Magnaflow and flowmasters would also sound good. Hell, even stock axlebacks would work well.
Yeah I actually put my stockers back on and they sound good just looking for more of a throaty sound when idling and taking off. Which flows would you pick? The aggressive ones or the regular american thunder ones? I may go with MACs depending on the deal I can find.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Yeah I actually put my stockers back on and they sound good just looking for more of a throaty sound when idling and taking off. Which flows would you pick? The aggressive ones or the regular american thunder ones? I may go with MACs depending on the deal I can find.
Either one would sound good. The American Thunder would be a little louder and more aggressive than stock and the aggressive of course more so. I have read the flow classic/aggressive sounds very similar to the MAC.

·
Banned
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Either one would sound good. The American Thunder would be a little louder and more aggressive than stock and the aggressive of course more so. I have read the flow classic/aggressive sounds very similar to the MAC.
Cool, I may go with the aggressive ones. One more question..do you know why the violators are raspy? And what would make those others not raspy with my setup?

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Cool, I may go with the aggressive ones. One more question..do you know why the violators are raspy? And what would make those others not raspy with my setup?
Im surprised they sound raspy. I would check to see if you have an exhaust leak.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts