Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the money now for a blower but I don't know which one would be the best to get. I'm liking the hellion Turbo but the procharger is also growing on me. The Whipple is so da#$ expensive. Lol anyone got any advice on what I should do?

·
Registered
157 Posts
I prefer the Pro-Charger, if you buy a P series you can up grade to the d series by changing the internals and it doesn't run in boost all the time like some others do.I started with just over 400 rwhp, and later up graded to now over 750 rwhp this is a daily river

·
Registered
291 Posts
It depends on power levels.....

But the general consent is that since the procharger doesn't spool until after 3k rpm(p series) then the driveability of the car isn't affected much....

I personally shift at pretty low rpms when driving normal.... so I went with the procharger as well... I've yet to install it... so ill post up next week when I do and its dynotuned.

Also keep in mind the tune has some say in how the cat feels....

·
Registered
368 Posts
I'm considering the new edelbrock e-force kit. There's a decent write-up in this month's 5.0 magazine. Seems like power and torque is right where I would like it for a daily driver.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I'm considering the new edelbrock e-force kit. There's a decent write-up in this month's 5.0 magazine. Seems like power and torque is right where I would like it for a daily driver.
That thing looks awesome.

I for one feel that the power I make now is enough for "daily driving" so I want more go.. but only when I want it to go.

·
Registered
775 Posts
the best blower is the one you can afford.... you really cant go wrong no matter what you decide. i am personally not a big fan of turbo systems, they do make the most power of all the forced induction options, but they seem to require lots of tuning and the most intensive installation.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I am personally planning on going with the KB... Having a kenne bell is like having a 19 year old blonde girlfriend with fake t!ts, shure there are more sensible options, but you just can't help showing her off to all your friends :winks

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
i like the procharger setups alot. they look great and sound beautiful.

·
Registered
893 Posts
+1 on the Kenne Bell:bigthumbsup the power is insane at just 8# of boost

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
I've spoken to some pretty good mustang guys.. and i've keep hearing to GO Whipple or Ford racing (same thing). really any roots style for that matter will give you more user friendly, constant power.

i know i'm doing a whipple 2.9 sometime soon

·
Registered
193 Posts
This may not be appropriate, but it's my wife.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts