Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
jeez ive been asking alot of qustions latly ok so my 6er is stock right now what is the best tuner and cold air intake to buy for under 700 and how easy is it to install for someone with no car experince thx

·
Registered
58 Posts
Which is easier to work with the SCT X3 or the one from Diablosport. I have a true dual exhaust and thats it, so which would be easiest for me to use (I have little car knowledge). Are they easy to reset to stock setting? I have a MT and plan on still running reg gas. Thanks

·
Registered
325 Posts
I found that AIRAID makes a very good CAI, coupled with their POWERAID Throttle body Spacer. It'll make a huge difference.

Also I recommend Flowmaster, you can't go wrong.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I strongly doubt the spacer did anything.

I have a JLT CAI and X3 Tuner and they are great! Worth very penny.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have a question too then. I was going to purchase the K&N FIPK intake from Moss Mustang. I was just wondering if I am making a mistake by purchasing this intake?

I am on a budget and I was not going to buy a tuner at this point, but I will be in the future.

Am I making a mistake?

Thanks

·
Registered
164 Posts
C&L or BBk are great intakes

·
Registered
558 Posts
i have the xcal3 C&L intake combo. Got it for 650$ and it was a great mod! get the 93 race tune. It blows away the 89 tunes.

·
Site Sponsor
93 Posts
... I was going to purchase the K&N FIPK intake from Moss Mustang. ...
Am I making a mistake?
The problem with ordering and installing any air kit before you get your hands on a tuner is the chance of running it lean. To retrieve the air kits’ full potential, the tuners help. These cars come engineered perfect the way they are, so any mod’ slightly changes things. This is where the tuner comes into play and helps out.
I don’t think it’s a mistake, great stepping stone for sure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.