Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lookin for the best cam option to put in my 1985 mustang. I have 3.73 gears, exhaust and pulleys in her. I was also planning on puting in the performer RPm intake and heads. What do you guys think would go good with that combo? I was suggested the e303 but still want more opimions.

-thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
good combo i baught those and put in a b303 the lopes were nice dont remeber wich one was bigger but those heads had room for more thats for sure. and it pulls really hard i had 4:10"s or 11's the car had them when i baught it, stock it really didnt do much with those gears but once i put the cam and the heads in omg i could do 4th gear burn outs on the freeway doing 60 to 70 mph oh how i loved my 93 coup till some idiot pulled out infront of me at the end of the street race and me at full speed.

i think its the right way to start out. put in the big stuff first and the rest of the mods are like good boy presents. a tremek 3550 will be nice also. shoot superchargers are cheap for that car.

hope that helps

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks that helps alot to hear that! sorry about your stang though that sucks. do you think a e303 will fit on it though without anything done to it? also a bigger carb wouldn hurt either i guess.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
stay away from the alphabet cams.

since you are going with edelbrock heads and intake, why not go with an edelbrock cam? i think they have some set ups that make over 300 to the wheels for a pretty good price

·
Registered
703 Posts
You got a 5 speed and rear gears. Just get an X cam. It will thump and loop. And performance will be good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts