Ford Mustang Forum banner

Best Deal on SiriusXM Renewal?

2K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  Sundaze 
#1 ·
My trial subscription to SiriusXM satellite radio will expire soon. What's the best deal anyone has gotten on a renewal?

I rarely turn the car radio on, and not just because I prefer the music the 5.0 makes. I drive less than 10,000 miles per year, it's less than seven miles to work, and I don't take a lot of road trips. I just don't have that many opportunities to listen to the radio in the car. So no way is SiriusXM worth the full $14.49/mo price to me.

Still, I do turn it on now and then; and since I have the ugly trunk wart on the car anyway, I am considering renewing IF the price is right. They sent me an offer in the mail to get six months for $29.94. Anyone done better than that? Anyone taken this six-month deal and then been able to renew yet again for that same price?

#2 ·
Are you really looking for a better deal than $4.99.mo? :shigrin

#8 ·
Are you really looking for a better deal than $4.99.mo?
If it's available for the asking -- sure, why not? Because, no kidding, even an amount as trivial as five bucks a month is really pushing what the service is worth to me.

My main question, I guess, is whether it's likely I'll be able to keep getting that same rate indefinitely.

Why not just use an ipod? No subscriptions fees.
That's not off the table (I have an iPhone). But as you say, the car is already equipped with satellite radio, and it's easy to just switch it on and browse through the presets without bothering with hooking up the phone. And as Pikester says, you get to hear stuff you've not heard in a while, or ever.

Does Pandora carry actual stations, or is it just "channels" of various kinds of music? When I listen to SiriusXM, about half the time it's music but the other, more important half is news/talk, NPR, etc. Does Pandora offer that?

#3 ·
I will NEVER ever deal with these stupid SOB's.
My last car I paid for 6 extra months over my 6 months free trial.
I sold the car before I got to use my paid 6 months & called to transfer to my 13 Mustang.
After 3 very long calls I got nowhere & they refuse to return my $ credit only.
They claim I got $64.80 credit but 6 more months would be $34.00+ more. I said NO WAY!
In past we use to get full year for like $77.00 now they want over $90.00 for 6 months.
Way I see it they can keep my $ they need it more then I do and I will continue to enjoy the great HD FM & thumb drive!

#4 ·
$4.99 is what I have as I only drive it on weekends.

#5 ·
Sirius sux. Pandora is only $34 for the year but I understand you want it because the car is equipped for it. We used to have 4 Sirius radios at one time and I think the most we paid was $15 a month. Every time we called to cancel they would either cut the rate or give us free months. In the end we ended up with it for about $30 for the entire year because of the free months they kept giving us. Their CS is terrible to deal with though.... Why not just use an ipod? No subscriptions fees.

#7 ·
Agree about the BAD C.S. But when I drove alot and a long distance... I loved the music. My Ipod does give me a great choice.. But skipping around in the SRS-XM is nice I get tunes I have not heard in years...I am considering a unit for my 65 coupe. But Gonna have to get a steal on the set up and reciever. Pandora is a great deal. But I love my c.d's Too. Now that I just run kids around instead of covering 300miles a day. I am sticking to my thumb drive. They are gonna have to drive a real hard bargin to get me to buy in.
:?:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.