Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm new here but have had several fords in the past.
this is kind of long so bear with me. I've had my ford mustang cobra v-8 for 19 years, i sold this car new to the original owner and nine years later his son traded it back to the dealership where i work.
:eyepoppin So i purchased it for my son to drive his final years in high school and college.:happyhapp
It's been sitting around in my garage for about 15 years now and so i was thinking about up-grading the engine.which is the best,a 351 windsor stroked to 427 ? let me know your thoughts.:eyebulge:
Thank you

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I was hoping that somebody would have some comments on what i should do to my old mustang.Is there someplace that i can get the information i will need to switch motors.I have even considered putting in a twin cam,i do know that if i do this i will have to put in a stand alone ECU .

·
Registered
9 Posts
Anything larger than a 351W will require cutting on the inner wheel wells, whether it be for head clearance or header issues. I have a built 347 that I'm going to drop in my car once I get the floorpans welded in

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Chad ll

That's probably what i will end up doing,only reason i was interested in the 351W was so i could stroke it out to 427

1 - 4 of 4 Posts