Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went to a few local muffler shops, and asked how much it would be for them to install a dual exhaust system that i brought them. All of them said it would depend on how well the system fits. My question is, which brand exhaust system fits the 3.8L V6 Mustangs the most like a glove? Also, one muffler shop said that leaving the y-pipe, then splitting would cause a problem because the y-pipe would rub the axle if i hit a hard bump. Is that true at all? Also, what is the most trustable and cheapest online site to get a stainless steel system?

·
Registered
11,433 Posts
jrspony said:
I went to a few local muffler shops, and asked how much it would be for them to install a dual exhaust system that i brought them. All of them said it would depend on how well the system fits. My question is, which brand exhaust system fits the 3.8L V6 Mustangs the most like a glove? Also, one muffler shop said that leaving the y-pipe, then splitting would cause a problem because the y-pipe would rub the axle if i hit a hard bump. Is that true at all? Also, what is the most trustable and cheapest online site to get a stainless steel system?
run through the tech, there are so many exhaust threads . . . seems like 2 a week . . .

there's no way a y/pipe would hit an axle.

the best systems come from:

bassani
Spintech
Borla
flowmaster
dynomax

and MAC

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How long do you think an aluminized system will last in the South? Has anybody been doing good so far with an aluminized system?

·
Registered
11,433 Posts
jrspony said:
How long do you think an aluminized system will last in the South? Has anybody been doing good so far with an aluminized system?
It generally rusts from the inside out, the exhaust gasses and water will kill the pipes. It depends on how much you drive.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With so many mods, y don't you have dual-exhaust yet Kscoyote?

·
Registered
11,433 Posts
jrspony said:
With so many mods, y don't you have dual-exhaust yet Kscoyote?
bang for buck is low. I'd do 1.8RRs and a Predator before I went to Dual exhaust . ..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.