Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have edelbrock RPM II upper and lower intake on 88 gt with MAF conversion done. Now looking to do the Heads and Cam what would be a good heads and cam to go with that particular intake?

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
That's a serious intake, so you need serious heads. If the bottom end is stock, then you can go with these.

TFS Twisted Wedge CNC
AFR 185
Dart Pro 1
Brodix ST5.0
Roush 180

For the cam, I'd suggest this one.

COMP Cams® - Cam Details

·
Banned
7,170 Posts
good cam choice. i really like the afr 185s, a tad big for a 302/306 but can always support future mods/stroker combo. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
power....

With the stock bottom end what type of power do you think I should be making with that cam and the dart pro 1 heads? Any guestimates? Also is that cam pretty meaty or moderate idle?

·
Registered
172 Posts
(stock short block ) n-41 cam and afr 165's or tfs twisted wedge would be my choice

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Yes, the 185's would be stout but I'm running 195's on mine with a bigger cam and it's fine. What really counts is the combination as a whole.

Stock bottom end
RPM II intake
Dart Pro 1 heads
that Comp Cam I suggested
I'm thinking you'd be (with normal bolt ons like mass air, throttle body, etc) would be around 300-310 engine hp. The heads will be the biggest jump, then the intake and cam will compliment them. You'll need to upgrade the fuel system with 24 pound injectors, an adjustable regulator, and at least a 190 lph pump.
It would pull until 6000 rpm, making the most power above 4000 with decent low end torque. I've built similar engines and that was the result every time.
You'd be able to hear the cam, for sure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.