Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read a few different opinions on this lately and heard even more. Now, i would love to hear what you guys think. Especially the MSD wires, some say they suck now, others still swear by them. Also, its for a daily driver with the typical add ons. Im not planning on racing it, no high rpms or anything like that. Thanks

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
What really counts with any wire is the ohms per foot. I haven't heard anything bad about the MSD wires. :scratchchin

Stock wires: 1500-2000 ohms per foot
Ford Racing wires: 500 ohms per foot
Accel Race Wire 8.8: 150 ohms per foot
MSD Super Conductor: 50 ohms per foot
Moroso Super 40 wire: 40 ohms per foot

·
Registered
486 Posts
Eagle if the stats on the wires are true, why does everyone only stick with stock and FRPP wires? Maybe they don't see the big deal. :headscratch:

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, engine is stock, other then a cold air kit.

G

·
Eagle if the stats on the wires are true, why does everyone only stick with stock and FRPP wires? Maybe they don't see the big deal. :headscratch:
the stats are true.....
the reason most stick with stock wire are the price....
you can go to your local auto parts and pick a set 20-30 dollars opposed to a set of msd wires that cost 80 dollars....

and of course the FRPP come in the "pretty" blue color.....

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Many buy parts on price alone rather than the specs or what would be considered the better part. With the way the economy is, I can't blame them. Then again, I've heard some say they just want the Ford Racing logo on the wires.

Nothing wrong with the Ford Racing wires, I've used them (and still do on my other car).

G

·
I have the MSD super conductor wires in 8.5mm and they are great I would recomend them, and they look pretty awesome in red..

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ha pink wires that would be different. But I totally agree with eagle I really wanted blue wires. My buddy has the red ford racing wires and they do look awesome. Money is tight but i want the best for car. How expensive are the moroso wires? It seems like its MSD or Moroso. Do the moroso wires have the bendable ends for headers???

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just found awesome looking Moroso wires in blue. Like you said eagle i can't find anything better then the 40ohms the Moroso's have. Thanks guys. This site is awesome!

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
How much did you pay for them? Everytime I've seen the Moroso Super 40, they were $110 or more.

Red MSD's for me. :D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.