Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This isn't actually for a mustang, it's for a ski boat. I replaced the GT40 heads with GT40p's, also dropped a cam (small lift/495), roller lifters, rockers and flat top pistons in it. Heads have also been shaved 0.0020.

I need advice from you 351W guru's on what intake will be best for throttle responce, holding power/torque, and perform best at 2,500-3,500 RPMs. The new carb I have for it is a 4160 holley 650.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
im not 100% sure, but ive been told that it helps with low end torque, same as longer intake runners on an efi intake.

im more partial to quagmire....gotta take that cross-cuntry wannabango rv trip. lmao

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im not 100% sure, but ive been told that it helps with low end torque, same as longer intake runners on an efi intake.

im more partial to quagmire....gotta take that cross-cuntry wannabango rv trip. lmao
Definitely looking for the lowend torque!

I had to quit watching the show cause I had a 6 year old girl running around going "giggity giggity" and repeating some of the stuff he was saying!

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
what type of header are you running? ive heard of a few different types for boat applications.

i still watch it, and now ive developed a really good quagmire voice....my friends know when i see a cute girl cuz i start the giggity thing...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what type of header are you running? ive heard of a few different types for boat applications.

i still watch it, and now ive developed a really good quagmire voice....my friends know when i see a cute girl cuz i start the giggity thing...
As of right now the factory risers. I had the machine shop flow test them, they checked out as good as a set of 12" shorties. But I'd like to use something alittle better.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
nice looking engine. keep us posted.

i know you had those manifolds flow-teste, but damn they look restrictive

·
Banned
7,170 Posts
who do you get to ski behind this thing? :rollgrin: the performer would be perfect. i don't think a SPACER will make much difference, but you might want a heat shield/thick gasket to help keep the carb cooler. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
who do you get to ski behind this thing? :rollgrin: the performer would be perfect. i don't think a SPACER will make much difference, but you might want a heat shield/thick gasket to help keep the carb cooler. :bigthumbsup

I got alot of fat friends!!! :hihi: I barefoot so the seeds need to be 38+ MPH with alot of holdong power for mulitiple footers.

The same people that I get to ski behind this one! :wavey

Attachments

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
i agree cindy, the spacer wouldnt be significant, but they are cheap, and do make a difference

this has gotten me back on the prowl for a boat. i have a 8yr old 26ft pontoon, but now i want a ski boat again.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i agree cindy, the spacer wouldnt be significant, but they are cheap, and do make a difference

this has gotten me back on the prowl for a boat. i have a 8yr old 26ft pontoon, but now i want a ski boat again.
Pontoon boats or house boats go hand-n-hand with ski boats! Cause a ski boat really isn't made to haul people for a day of partying!

Here is the project boat at hand. A couple of before and after pics!

The boat is a 1993 MasterCraft ProStar 190.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
looks nice.

my pontoon isnt exactly stock. redid the floor, got rid of the roof and built a half-roof, new seats, sound system....2 mercury outboards instead of a single. fishing pole hangers, mini fod up table from an RV and a ladder to the roof (people get a tan on the roof)
also have tie-offs on the side for the jetski

taylorsville lake and rough river are nice party-spots...its nice to spend the whole day at the lake with friends. good stuff

anywho, im looking into a boat now for skiing, rafting, and so-on. what do you recommend?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
looks nice.

my pontoon isnt exactly stock. redid the floor, got rid of the roof and built a half-roof, new seats, sound system....2 mercury outboards instead of a single. fishing pole hangers, mini fod up table from an RV and a ladder to the roof (people get a tan on the roof)
also have tie-offs on the side for the jetski

taylorsville lake and rough river are nice party-spots...its nice to spend the whole day at the lake with friends. good stuff

anywho, im looking into a boat now for skiing, rafting, and so-on. what do you recommend?
What kinda skiing are you looking to do and most important how much >>>$$$$$<<< do you want to spend?

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
What kinda skiing are you looking to do and most important how much >>>$$$$$<<< do you want to spend?
the kind of skiing with skiis on your feet, and tubing... a few of my buddies are doing tricks and wakeboarding now, so ill take that into consideration

im in the process of selling my pontoon to a friend, and trying to pick up a 2009 avalon sandbar 26ft pontoon with hard roof. (estate sale next week)

i also picked up a pair of 2007 ultra 250x kawasaki jet-skis at a repo auction.(hella cheap)..im using one of them as the "ski boat" right now

given those purchases, and the car projects...im very limited on funds for a ski-boat.

i could easily get a fixer-upper like you did though...how much did that mastercraft run you?

edit......1999 19ft 7pass stingray...$9,500...that a reasonable price?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
the kind of skiing with skiis on your feet, and tubing... a few of my buddies are doing tricks and wakeboarding now, so ill take that into consideration

im in the process of selling my pontoon to a friend, and trying to pick up a 2009 avalon sandbar 26ft pontoon with hard roof. (estate sale next week)

i also picked up a pair of 2007 ultra 250x kawasaki jet-skis at a repo auction.(hella cheap)..im using one of them as the "ski boat" right now

given those purchases, and the car projects...im very limited on funds for a ski-boat.

i could easily get a fixer-upper like you did though...how much did that mastercraft run you?

edit......1999 19ft 7pass stingray...$9,500...that a reasonable price?
Ha Ha I wasn't sure if you were into barefooting, Slalom, wakesurfing, ect...

When I bought this boat I got it for $3,000 got about $7,000 in the restore currently, and I will have NO problem getting all that back out of it. I could have cut that cost down alot if I would have went back all stock with everything. I already have buyers for this boat when its done if my brother and I don't keep it.

Without digging and looking, that sounds like alot for that type of boat. Runabouts don't hold value very well.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
i think ill stick to using the jet ski for now. use the extra income to get another mustang, or get the 88 running.

i looked online, and most of the stingrays this size and year are a few grand more...i thought that this one was a find. im not too concerned with resale value, but dont want something that will be worthless if i HAVE to sell later down the road

my stepdad has an old bayliner..i could get that dirt cheap, but it needs ALOT of work

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i think ill stick to using the jet ski for now. use the extra income to get another mustang, or get the 88 running.

i looked online, and most of the stingrays this size and year are a few grand more...i thought that this one was a find. im not too concerned with resale value, but dont want something that will be worthless if i HAVE to sell later down the road

my stepdad has an old bayliner..i could get that dirt cheap, but it needs ALOT of work
I can fully understand that!!!
It's all about what toy you want to spend the most money on!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts