Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 GT Vert. Looking to change the stock rear wing spoiler. Just wondering if anyone has opinions on what aftermarket wing would look best.

·
Registered
580 Posts
stock

I have a 2008 GT Vert. Looking to change the stock rear wing spoiler. Just wondering if anyone has opinions on what aftermarket wing would look best.
On a vert, I personally like the stock one.:laughlitt

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have the stock on mine and like it as well.... the Roush would be my second choice

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
On a vert I would stick with the stock one or GT500 spoiler.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Go with the GT500 spoiler

·
Registered
825 Posts
Just installed a GT500 spoiler on my vert - much improved! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
922 Posts
I get a lot of compliments on my Roush spoiler...it was my very first mod.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Roush is SICK...!!!! :winks

·
Registered
167 Posts
Nothing beats a naked a$$ end! IMO. Spoiler delete on a vert, all the way! I was lucky and mine did not come with one, so no holes to deal with.

·
Registered
921 Posts
GT500 or Stock personally. I love the Roush when looking at the car from the side, but i really don't care for it when you look at it from the back.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I've been back and forth as we all do when making changes. I just found the GT500 spoiler on ebay for $99, painted! Worth a shot i think!

·
Registered
786 Posts
get the FR500 style from one of the miller cup cars.

only about a thousand bucks from a couple different places.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I've been back and forth as we all do when making changes. I just found the GT500 spoiler on ebay for $99, painted! Worth a shot i think!
If you're talking about the one from the spoilerstore be careful. I ordered one from them and it's not the same thing as the GT500 spoiler. It's larger than my stock spoiler but much smaller than the GT500 one. Still looks good, but kind of disappointed when I realized that it was smaller than what I expected.

I just installed the Roush on my 2010. The design is a lot different for the 2010+ versions though.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Thanks for the heads up, the one I've seen is from carparts-123. Is that the place you are meaning?

If you're talking about the one from the spoilerstore be careful. I ordered one from them and it's not the same thing as the GT500 spoiler. It's larger than my stock spoiler but much smaller than the GT500 one. Still looks good, but kind of disappointed when I realized that it was smaller than what I expected.

I just installed the Roush on my 2010. The design is a lot different for the 2010+ versions though.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I'd do without a spoiler/wing if the cars I bought didn't have holes from the pedestal GT item.

I filled the holes with GT500 KR wings. Same as on the 2007 V6 Pony. Shelby said they have more effect than any of the others. Don't know as I believe that, but that's what they said.

I like the lower profile, and they do extend about two inches farther to the rear than the pedestal wings.

·
Registered
205 Posts
New Spoiler Installed

Thanks for the heads up, the one I've seen is from carparts-123. Is that the place you are meaning?
Ordered my rear spoiler and it came pretty quick. Not bad for $130 painted and delivered!

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Cervinis. That's the way to go.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I bought my GT stock spoiler on ebay painted for $100. Still looks great and it's got like a 2 year paint warranty, lifetime on construction.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts