Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm loving my Flo's, but wanting just a little bit louder sound but have heard that pairing a mid-pipe with the Flowmaster axlebacks will make it "raspy", and that's definitely what I DON"T want, I want to keep that deep sound that I have now, just a tad louder. So what, if any, mid-pipe sounds the best with the Flo's?? All of your guys help is appreciated :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So would a catted H be better than a non catted one for raspiness also?? Thanx for the help Stl :D

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, one more thing, will a catted H be a noticeable difference in sound over the stocker, since it is catted? I would also gain around 3-5 horses in the process too, correct?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok , then that settles it! Thanx again for all of your help Stl, you have steadily given me accurate and helpful info over the past few months about my new S197 and I (along with everybody else on AFM) trust your word. Much props to you for all the friendly help you give to everyone, I just wonder if you ever sleep?! :D Have a good one!

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
Cat delete mid pipe with flows is pretty darn loud, trust me, lol. I ended up putting the stock mufflers back on with the O/R-H

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, I would definitely get the catted pipe, I just don't want to spend $200-$300 on something and not really tell a difference in sound. I have never bought a catted pipe for any of my cars, always have removed them :evillol: Like I said before, the way my car sounds now is perfect, just want it a little bit more louder and I am thinking that a catted mid-pipe will give me what I want, I have just heard the horror stories (raspiness) of fitting Flowmaster axlebacks with a mid-pipe, and that is definitely NOT what I want! :nono:

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have the Flows with the Pypes O/R H-Pipe and I love the sound.

·
Registered
273 Posts
ive got a O/R H and flows and it sounds amazing it is a little raspy around 2200 rpms but not to bad its well worth the little bit of raspy for the amazing sound!

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Your car is already stock with a catted H-pipe. I would not buy another catted H-pipe. A MAC prochamber would work well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.