Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

My 2010 Mustang GT is still bone stock, with the only exception being I paid extra for the 3.73 gears at the dealer. I have a couple grand to throw down on my ride, but I've been waiting - should I redo the exhaust, i.e. cat back system, new mid pipe and headers, or wait a bit and go for the supercharge? Or a tune? I'm not as learned on late model cars since I previously had a 70 Barracuda, a 73 Roadrunner and an 80 Camaro.

Thoughts? thanks gang.

·
Banned
708 Posts
Must do right away:
-JLT/C&L Intake
-SCT Tuner From American Muscle
-Axle back exhaust(go to youtube and check out what ya like)......
- ToTal CoSt under a grand:yup:

Future mods:
Save that other 1000 towards a blower!!!!:winks

·
Registered
337 Posts
I agree with the above but I'd get LT headers and X pipe just for the sound.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I disagree On3Performance Turbo Kit I am at$2400 with Injectors, BAP, Mafia and a full bolt on turbo.

Can you say 480RWHP at 9PSI!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
337 Posts
Well that also depends on if he's going to be able to install himself because installation isn't free. He'll also need a dyno tune then too, am I right? That's looking more like a $3000 budget instead of a $2000. But, good idea because I didn't realize they were that cheap. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I am all for instaling it yourself

Well that also depends on if he's going to be able to install himself because installation isn't free. He'll also need a dyno tune then too, am I right? That's looking more like a $3000 budget instead of a $2000. But, good idea because I didn't realize they were that cheap. :bigthumbsup
I just got done and although a challenge here and their the self gratification of installing something so big is overwelming, you feel like you know your car inside and out when you install it yourself.

Enough of my speak yes my dyno tune is going to be $300 out the door I have a price list on my build thread but it needs to be updated.

I mentioned it because I just sold all the stuff recommended and wish I would have done this way from the beginning but this kit also didn't exist then either.

If you chose to go with exhaust etc I will give you the deal of a life time on Headers and X pipe Combo that way you will have plenty of money left over for more parts.

·
Registered
368 Posts
he wont pass emmisssion in LA with long tubes

·
Registered
337 Posts
I just got done and although a challenge here and their the self gratification of installing something so big is overwelming, you feel like you know your car inside and out when you install it yourself.

Enough of my speak yes my dyno tune is going to be $300 out the door I have a price list on my build thread but it needs to be updated.

I mentioned it because I just sold all the stuff recommended and wish I would have done this way from the beginning but this kit also didn't exist then either.

If you chose to go with exhaust etc I will give you the deal of a life time on Headers and X pipe Combo that way you will have plenty of money left over for more parts.
I agree. I think it'd be great to get a turbo installed but I just really doubt I could get it done by myself. Do you have your own store or something? PM me with a cost of the headers and X pipe because I might end up getting some one day

·
Registered
927 Posts
I disagree On3Performance Turbo Kit I am at$2400 with Injectors, BAP, Mafia and a full bolt on turbo.

Can you say 480RWHP at 9PSI!:bigthumbsup
can you link me to where it is for the 3v mustang gt. I can't find it on there site

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I agree. I think it'd be great to get a turbo installed but I just really doubt I could get it done by myself. Do you have your own store or something? PM me with a cost of the headers and X pipe because I might end up getting some one day
I did it on jack stands in my garage anything is possible. PM'ed you the price

can you link me to where it is for the 3v mustang gt. I can't find it on there site
Go to ebay and type in On3performance they havn't updated their website but you can see it on the ebay link or better yet call
Amped Speed lab at 305-903-0069 and ask AJ about it he will give you a better deal tell him Brandon sent you. Amped Speed lab has it on their website.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the great advice! And yes I am in CA where certain exhaust setups are outlawed :(

·
Banned
708 Posts
Thanks for all the great advice! And yes I am in CA where certain exhaust setups are outlawed :(
Hey i would still recommend what I said earlier for mods on your budget..
Not only will the turbo route cost you more then 2k but remenber this turbo s grow week and the power fades in them as time (mileage) goes on......Blowers never Die , as long as there cared for..GL:cooldude:

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
just a simple axleback swap will give you some nice sound, a CAI and tune some more power. And get something else like some eye-candy like stripes or something. Or if you want more power, a set of cams would be just about a grand for the cams and install

·
Registered
711 Posts
Must do right away:
-JLT/C&L Intake
-SCT Tuner From American Muscle
-Axle back exhaust(go to youtube and check out what ya like)......
- ToTal CoSt under a grand:yup:
+1 Except I would buy my CAI/Tuner from Brenspeed :winks Then I would start looking into suspension parts.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
personally if i could do it all over again, ida saved my money for a blower, but hey, i cant complain i love my car. have you considered nitrous? if you get a CAI, new axleback mufflers, a nitrous setup and a dyno tune you are lookin at about 2000 or just under and you are lookin at a TON of power. 125 shot with radials will get you into the 11's (ive seen it done before)

·
Registered
927 Posts
I did it on jack stands in my garage anything is possible. PM'ed you the price

Go to ebay and type in On3performance they havn't updated their website but you can see it on the ebay link or better yet call
Amped Speed lab at 305-903-0069 and ask AJ about it he will give you a better deal tell him Brandon sent you. Amped Speed lab has it on their website.
thanks man, I will. I had no idea how cheap that this turbo was, i looked on ebay. damn. I just wonder if it would be good for my 2010 mustang gt. I would be able to get this in about 4-6 weeks. for the price. this is HIGHLY tempting to go with the turbo rather then get it supercharged

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I reccomend it

thanks man, I will. I had no idea how cheap that this turbo was, i looked on ebay. damn. I just wonder if it would be good for my 2010 mustang gt. I would be able to get this in about 4-6 weeks. for the price. this is HIGHLY tempting to go with the turbo rather then get it supercharged

I highly recommend it my is all hooked up and would be running but I F'ed something up with the oil relocation adapter if you want to know go to my build thread.

·
Registered
58 Posts
...Not only will the turbo route cost you more then 2k but remenber this turbo s grow week and the power fades in them as time (mileage) goes on...
Why do you believe that turbos deteriorate any faster than any other compressor?

·
Registered
585 Posts
def. a cai/tuner combo from AM or brenspeed. LT's too. the race tune from AM is killer and ur butt dyno will tell you abt it right away. especially with 3:73's or 4:10's.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
def. a cai/tuner combo from AM or brenspeed. LT's too. the race tune from AM is killer and ur butt dyno will tell you abt it right away. especially with 3:73's or 4:10's.
+1 on the race tune.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.