Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got smashed into by a black BMW z3 last night... :fuming:

7100 off ramp to Hooes rd
We were both making a left turn, He was on my left in the left turn lane I was in the right turn lane going around a turn from a red light he comes out of his inside lane and smashed into the driver side front fender right where the 5.0 badge is.. He actually tried to hit and run in his z3.. :nono:

I obviously caught up to him, honking my horn, flashing my lights, etc. I got his license plate, went home cause I didn't have my cell phone on me and called the cops. The cops came, saw the damage on my car and went to his house. He somehow didn't get a hit and run because he was scared that I was honking and flashing my lights and signaling him to pull over.... either way he didn't call the police when he got home probably hoping I didn't get his license plate and car model which the cop even said was a bit sketchy if he was innocent.

:run_over:

Anyways... I already spoke with my insurance and if his does pay for everything I can pick the Auto Repair Shop of my choosing. If for w/e reason his doesn't pay for everything my insurance said ill have to pay the $100 deductible and they'll pay for rental car and shop of my choosing.

There is no price limit on this, all I care about is the highest quality of repair work.

Please let me know if you have a shop you currently go to or heard of that does outstanding work.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
831 Posts
OUCH! Sorry to see that damage. Really glad you ran the SOB down and got his license plate.

Someone did a "hit and run" on me in 1993 -- my car was completely totaled, and she ran. Someone else chased her down and got her license plate. THREE days later, the cops realized they already had her in jail for a DUI charge that same day of the wreck. She didn't have any insurance.

You gotta watch out for those crazies in this world! The good news is, your car can be fixed -- life is good. Keep things in perspective. :)

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OUCH! Sorry to see that damage. Really glad you ran the SOB down and got his license plate.

Someone did a "hit and run" on me in 1993 -- my car was completely totaled, and she ran. Someone else chased her down and got her license plate. THREE days later, the cops realized they already had her in jail for a DUI charge that same day of the wreck. She didn't have any insurance.

You gotta watch out for those crazies in this world! The good news is, your car can be fixed -- life is good. Keep things in perspective. :)

Wow.. that sucks! I'm glad my situation isn't that bad.. and your right life is pretty good, it could have been worse. I'm still pissed it happened tho, the cars barely a month old :(

G

·
0 Posts
AutoBody of Vienna, talk to Bruce.
Home

My girlfriend has been a customer of theirs for a while(no jokes!) and can personally guarantee they will treat your car like it was their mother's. We can call for you on Monday.

Also, about your rental car..........how would you like a Mercedes?

Are you over 25 by chance? Will have to ask if that matters.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AutoBody of Vienna, talk to Bruce.
Home

My girlfriend has been a customer of theirs for a while(no jokes!) and can personally guarantee they will treat your car like it was their mother's. We can call for you on Monday.

Also, about your rental car..........how would you like a Mercedes?

Are you over 25 by chance? Will have to ask if that matters.
hah Grimace always coming through. :bigthumbsup

I remember you telling me about the shop, does he do mechanical work too? It felt like there was some sort of delay in the power delivery when I was initially hit, possibly mechanical or electrical damage.

Im 24 and as far as the Benz goes.. Ill take one of these if you have it.

Attachments

G

·
0 Posts
hah Grimace always coming through. :bigthumbsup

I remember you telling me about the shop, does he do mechanical work too? It felt like there was some sort of delay in the power delivery when I was initially hit, possibly mechanical or electrical damage.

Im 24 and as far as the Benz goes.. Ill take one of these if you have it.
I think it's bodywork only, you might have had traction control intervention.

I am pretty sure they won't have AMGs for rental!

·
Registered
831 Posts
Yeah -- your damage looks superficial. I really doubt you have any mechanical or electrical damage.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah -- your damage looks superficial. I really doubt you have any mechanical or electrical damage.
I hope so but you never know, I noticed my rim was all scratched/dented up too, will the shop replace it or try to fix it? I'd rather get a new rim.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

1 - 8 of 8 Posts