Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at a 92' Fox this past week and it had some nice mods done to it. Right when the guy started it up, i could immediately tell that it was cammed, but when i asked the guy what kind it was, he had no idea... me guess for this car would be the common e303 cam, but i could be wrong.

I was wondering, whats everyone's opinion on the best sounding (loudest) and/or best performance cam for the foxes. Is it just the plain jane e303??

·
Registered
105 Posts
The best cam for a stock motor is the stock cam. IMO when people put a cam in a stock motor they're just looking for sound, and performance suffers.

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
Way too many variables to even say "What is the best cam EVER"

It would be a custom grind cam matched to the components on the car.:winks

·
Registered
13,138 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
so far the stock H.O cam along with 1.7rr's has been the best cam for primarily stock engines... to a certain degree. it retains all of the low end torque, no idles issues, and ive seen people make 270-280 rwhp off of it along with heads, and supporting bolt-ons. no it doesnt sound the best, but to 5200-ish rpms it works just fine. i did a lot of research to see if anybody did a cam swap on a stock 5.0 and the only one i found was a random Crane cam and it LOST like 13 hp... it picked up at about 3k rpms, and that was the end of it. so yes the best cam is a CUSTOM GRIND, but if youre not looking to pay, find a stocker cam and use 1.7rr's. if youre looking to upgrade, just buy a H/C/I package from holley, trickflow, edelbrock.. etc.

·
Banned
1,784 Posts
the cam should NEVER be picked based on how it sounds. the cam is the "brain" of the engine and needs to be matched to the other components (Ie. haeds and intake). there really is no "best" cam for a fox, only the best cam for a H/C/I combo. and the best for a h/c/i is a customgrind...

the stock cam is the best for a stock engine....

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
And he has yet to make an appearance in this thread hhhmmmm........:scratchchin

1 - 10 of 10 Posts