Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm far from $5000 for the supercharger. So whats some inexpensive pieces that made a difference that I can put on while i'm waiting to hit the lotto lol? I haven't put anything on my car in a while and i'm getting anxious. I need something to do. Any ideas:scratchchin? (note: you can see what i have so far below)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
here's the thing....if i go with long tubes....i have to delete the cats right? that would throw an o2 light....i am in the military and are cars are inspected regularly...if there is a light....then thats a no go...what can i do about that?

·
Registered
420 Posts
you can get a tuner to turn it off.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have a superchip flashpaq will it turn it off perm.?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
whats a good brand to go with?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
same amount of work to put those on as it was to put on my shorty headers?

·
Registered
259 Posts
same amount of work to put those on as it was to put on my shorty headers?
Took 4 hours for my mechanic to install them...Go with Kooks, you won't regret it...

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just ordered a set of Kooks headers with the catted H-pipe. Hope they will be in by the time I get back from Iraq in a few weeks.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I'm far from $5000 for the supercharger. So whats some inexpensive pieces that made a difference that I can put on while i'm waiting to hit the lotto lol? I haven't put anything on my car in a while and i'm getting anxious. I need something to do. Any ideas:scratchchin? (note: you can see what i have so far below)
I agree with most, headers should be your next upgrade. Also, consider dyno tuning your car. With all your modifications, it is difficult to get all your settings optimized with a custom tune, no matter how good the programmer is. I had a dyno tune after getting my SCT and found out with all my mods, and after numerous consultuations with the tuner vendor, the custom tune were still making my car run lean. 150$ was all it took for the speed shop to custom tune my car and download three new tunes speciffically for my engine. It has made a world of difference on my performance.

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
I agree with most, headers should be your next upgrade. Also, consider dyno tuning your car. With all your modifications, it is difficult to get all your settings optimized with a custom tune, no matter how good the programmer is. I had a dyno tune after getting my SCT and found out with all my mods, and after numerous consultuations with the tuner vendor, the custom tune were still making my car run lean. 150$ was all it took for the speed shop to custom tune my car and download three new tunes speciffically for my engine. It has made a world of difference on my performance.
Damn $150 for dyno tune? that is it?! I looked into dyno tunes last night for after i get my gears taken care of and move on to performance items like LT Headers and UDP's, Delete plates and well- his price is $550.. That is steep dude.. I would stick to my email tune and just have a wideband gauge to monitor the air/fuel..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.