Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My grandfather just surprised me by handing over the keys to his 1965 Mustang. It is in decent condition (some dings, paint chips, and most of the chrome needs to be replaced as he lives in Florida and the salt air hasnt been kind to the car) and I am looking for options as far as places to buy parts for it. I want to fix it up but not to its original condition or anything. I just dont have that much money to put into it. It will be a long project of just ordering parts here and there. I want it to be something fun to ride around in with the top down on a nice weekend. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
44 Posts
cjponyparts.com.....summitracing.com.....mustangsunlimited.com....those are in order of my favorites i suggest going onto the sites and ordering catalogs....it is much easier for the exact part in the magazines many times and you may see parts you would have missed online

·
Registered
850 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

VirginiaClassicMustang.com is my first choice. Their prices are good and the ship quickly.

Tell us some more about you car.

How about some pics?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just got Wednesday night so I havent had time to take pics and all. I will have it up soon! I am also just learning about it too so I may have to post it piecemeal.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Wow, congrats on an awesome present! I personally like Laurel Mountain Mustang, Dallas Mustang Parts and CJ Pony Parts. All of them have websites and most offer free or cheap catalogs. Shop around, you will find that using more than one source will find you the most in stock and the best deals on parts.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Personally I would buy something from a few different suppliers then go with whoever gave you the best service .

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ordered a fuel filter (to hopefully solve the hesitation issues I am having with it) and two other parts from Mac's Antique Parts. They seem like a good company and offer pretty good prices. We'll see. I am going to have to replace just about every chrome part on it because the salt air in Florida has done a number on it for the past 28 years. It's going to be fun fixing it up little by little though!

·
Registered
44 Posts
lots of small parts also u can just go to the local auto parts store unless you want everything perfectly correct and stuff like that such as fuel filters....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.