Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was forced to drive my car in the snow the other day and it was a complete mess so I decided today to get a car wash and tomorrow I want to give it a nice polish and wax. I went to Pepboys and they had a lot of different appealing boxes and advertised wax but idk what I wanna get for best result. There was a black out wax kit from Turtle Wax and then a nice looking kit from Maguires. Idk what to get and dont even know about polish. I have the standard turtle wax I used last time that worked very well. So what do you guys think I should get to make my black pony shineeee:?:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Zaino

I suggest Zaino, you can get it at zainobros.com. They have a great selection of polishes and make for a really deep shine especially on a black car. The best part about it is you can put it on the whole car then wait as long as you want, I've even waited over night, and easily buff it off for a great shine.

·
Registered
41,826 Posts
I use Adams Polishes and waxes. I love there products and that is all I use.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Best wax is ZYMOL. The cleaner/wax in the Blue
Bottle they sell in stores is very good and has
cleaners in it. The best is the "Creme" on their
website. 62% pure Brazillian Carnauba. NO chemicals, synthetics, petroleum byproducts. Check out their web. This stuff will knock your
socks off!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Everyone has a personal favorite.

I have used Zaino for years and absolutely love the Z-3 Pro, Z-5 Pro, Z-6 and Z-8 products. I have also been using the BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond and BLACKFIRE Deep Gloss (Spray) Sealant. And Pinnacle Signature Series II Carnauba Paste Wax with Pinnacle Crystal Mist Carnauba Detail Sprayas well.

For sheer deep wetness the Carnuba is the best I think. For lont lasting shine Zaino and Blackfire. So far the Blackfire seem to have a better ... wetter look on my Black GT than the Zaino. I just finished using the Pinnacle Carnuba over the Blackfire sealant and the look is deep, wet and absolutely gorgeous.

I think I am converting over to Blackfire, love the product and the ease of use. As easy as Zaino but it does seem to last longer and look wetter.

But regardless what you choose, the final product is only as good as the surface. Without good preparation of the surface (Claying, buffing and working out surface defects) you cannot expect to have the best possible finish with any of these waxes or sealants.

Attachments

·
Registered
417 Posts
The key to a great shine is all in the prep work. clay bar swirl remover and cleaner then wax. When washing us the two bucket method and never never use a car wash
and good luck with black twice the work but great shine when done right

·
Registered
263 Posts
The key to a great shine is all in the prep work. clay bar swirl remover and cleaner then wax. When washing us the two bucket method and never never use a car wash
and good luck with black twice the work but great shine when done right
Absolutely! +1 :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,106 Posts

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
The military has contacted me about using my car wax and polish, as a camouflage technique. LOL! :rollgrin:

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Also, once you buy your wax/cleaning products... NEVER LET THEM FREEZE!!!!!

·
Registered
41,826 Posts
Another vote for Adam's polishes here. I used to use nothing but Zaino and switched. Zaino is great but I picked up a porter cable polisher to remove swirls and the Adam's polishes worked great. I have included a link to what Adam's polishes is capable of on a black mustang.

Adam's at Carlisle Ford Nationals -- This Weekend! - Page 3 - Adam's Polishes Forums
We have a few Adams Products users on the site. Once I used them I literally threw everything else I have ever used into the trash can. and I have tried them all.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Starbrite Marine Polish

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all the inputs guys! I'm deff gunna try all of them our eventually but that blackfire or whatever is next on my list :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
487 Posts
the black box is all i use

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
Collinite #845 is the detailers choice and mine!
And to the guy that said "Don't let them freeze!"? I keep mine in the refrigerator, not frozen but cold. I let it sit at room temp for 5 minutes and it's like butter:rollgrin:

·
Registered
389 Posts
The Turtle Wax Black Box is quite possibly the best wax I have ever used on my black Mustang. After a good claying, the paint comes out looking deep, black, wet, and perfect. I cannot tell you how many compliments I receive on the shine and depth of my car after using this stuff. Here are a few pics...

608438915_8Lr4J-M.jpg

608437976_2gpMW-M.jpg

·
Registered
396 Posts
Any more recent imput on wax for black cars,,i know its gonna be some work to take care of it when it comes in??

1 - 20 of 26 Posts