Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm not sure what tranny is in my car i looked at shift kits online and all i could find for AOD only went to '92. Does my car have a AODE or AOD? If so whats the best Shift Kit for this trans? Thanks

·
Registered
508 Posts
AODE was for the 94&95 5.0 mustangs. If its a 89-93 its AOD. The different is the Electronic internals for shifting in the trans.

As far as the shift kit. How hard do you want it to shift. I had the heavy duty kit from TRANSGO. and I could chirp second all day just driving around town but when it shifted it felt like the dashboard was going to fly off :gringreen.. There are alot of good kits out there, just depends on what you are going to be doing, street/strip, race application, street, daily driver ect.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
There's several you could get. TransGo, Performance Automatic, Dynamic Racing Transmissions, Lentech, Art Carr, B&M, TCI, they all make quality kits.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys ill look into the transgo kit. Jeff you remember the part number for the kit you got and is that the full manual one? id like the hard shift. i'm going to change the gears to 4.10s, new MAF no sure what size yet and throttle body 65mm or 70mm, Intake manifold, Injectors ,and maybe a Vortech V-3 Sci. I just started on this car so any pointers would be good.

I want it to be a Street/Strip car. Fast on the track and still streetable to mess with the Hondas.

Car only has 62,000 on it and i bought it of a elder original owner it had nothing done to it at all.

This is all i have done:

Rep-Cobra wheels, Toyo rubber
Summit shorty headers 1 5/8
Pypes o/r X-pipe
Magnaflow Catback
Cold Air intake
Just a upgrade tune up cap/ rotor, better wires, better plugs

·
Registered
508 Posts
If you get 4.10s it will chirp if you get on it. You have a good start. (the 4.10s will seem night and day to stock gears).. I will look at the part number when I get home and let you know. I have all the recipts ect. in a folder. Everything you got comming sounds good though. If you want more advice on different kits ect., EAGLEAUTOSPORTS knows alot about them....

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks that will help me out. You know much about intakes? i was looking at the TFS street heat.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I have heard that was a good intake... I have heard nothing but bad things about the BBK intake manifolds. I have the Cobra intake and its nice, I think the TFS is a better intake and anything is better than stock but it depends..... Your looking at probally (estimate) 10-20hp over stock with stock heads.

Sorry I got home late yesturday and forgot to check on that recipt for the shift kit but I will get you the number. My bad

·
Registered
292 Posts
www.silverfoxtrans.com 210 bucks, which includes shipping and 20 dollar core charge. Send back the core and you get 20 bucks back.

I'm getting the SPT-1 stage 2 valvebody. Mine is going to be set to shift at 5,300 rpms in all gears at WOT. It's fully customizable. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No prob. the cost on the TFS is cheaper too. i try to buy a part every pay day. i just changed my serp belt to a shorter one and ripped all my smog stuff off.

Thanks 50 for the site ill look into it.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I have perf auto street/strip valve body...plug and play. On a good day, tires bark goin into third too.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mass that come with everything i need if i was to buy it? can the trans stay in the car?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Cant find it.............:headscratch:

·
Registered
508 Posts
Okay I found it, Its a TURBO ACTION #37810 costed me $74 from a speed shop hear in florida.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks Jeff how long did it take you to put it in?

·
Registered
508 Posts
I had the shop that re-built my tranny install it, I had lost overdrive in my old mustang and it was time so I picked the kit up and they didnt charge me any additional fees to install. I paid $850 for the rebuild and thats with a warrenty and new stall converter (stock)

·
Registered
508 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
alright thanks jeff

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks for all the help you much about the EGR? if i was to get rid of it would it help or not change anything?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.