Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a dual exhaust system on my 2006 V6 Mustang, it has the GT take-off mufflers and i'm not impressed to say the least. It definitely sounds throatier and a little meaner, but I want something more aggressive -- not rice burner sounding, but throaty and mean sounding. In ya'lls opinion, what's the best sounding muffler to put on a V6? I heard Borla Stingers are but wow, 700.00 for two mufflers is definitely steep! Any suggestions?

·
Registered
566 Posts
ill tell you what most other guys and girls will tell you on this site its all up to you what you think is the best exhaust i like my exhaust more i looked on youtube alot and finally decided to go with magnaflow i have a few videos of my exhaust setup if you want to hear them to decide for your self send me a pm

·
Registered
766 Posts
I love the Borla's personally, but the Ford Racing dual system with GTA mufflers does sound very deep and muscular.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Depends on what you like.

Personally I think the Flowmasters are a little too loud and droning but do have a classic muscle car sound as best as possible with a V6.

Magnaflow and JBA to me sound similar, quieter and a cross between Euro sports car and muscle car sounding.

Borla/FRPP to me are a cross of Magnaflow/JBA and Flowmaster- Louder that Magnaflow/JBA but not as loud as Flowmaster.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well to me, its really hard to get a handle on what they really sound like through a youtube video since most of the sound on them is horrible.

Personally, I like something thats deep and throaty, same sound as an old muscle car. But am not a fan of spending over 650.00 on just two mufflers as you can imagine

·
Registered
482 Posts
Well to me, its really hard to get a handle on what they really sound like through a youtube video since most of the sound on them is horrible.

Personally, I like something thats deep and throaty, same sound as an old muscle car. But am not a fan of spending over 650.00 on just two mufflers as you can imagine
It'll never sound EXACTLY like an old musclecar due to the different firing cycles of the V6 (even) vs V8 (odd)

The key is to get it to sound like a strong V6, not try to replicate something it's not

·
Registered
954 Posts
I have turbo mufflers and I love em.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
i love my flowmaster it sounds perfect to me

·
Registered
954 Posts
love my FLOWMASTERS, they sound awesome, along with bbk headers and h-pipe, makes it sound way better,more louder
Yea I guess since my mufflers are connected to headers with no midpipe it would make a difference.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
youtube borla axleback and look at the black vert. it sounds even better in person. to me iv always like the american flowmaster and all stuff like that....but if u dont have a mullet and you can go a day w/o a 6 pack next to u....get borla or frpp(same thing basically). im not doggin anyone who already has flows or anything close....to me for our cars they just seem cheap and hollow. they give out the tone you expect from a v6. its a bit more expensive....but its way worth it. iv always went flowmaster or magnaflow...but i went out on a limb with my borla according to reviews on the internet. best choice on exhaust system i have ever made. reguardless of the price...ill always go with borla. i dont know how many times people either educated or uneducated on exhaust systems and cars have asked me v8 or v6

·
Registered
41 Posts
i did a lot of research on this. listening to different set up's. checking the power and torque that was either added or lost. on a 05+ use a x pipe. 04 & before H pipe. this is so you dont lose torque. oh yeah.. dont cut the cat's....or light on dash plus you will lose more torque. run your duals to what ever muffler that you prefer(the sound you like). hp gain and no lose in low end torque. personally i used the gt take off's. i like the sound of it.
if you remove the cats its gets real raspy on high rpm's(kinda ricey...lol). i will try to post a video on youtube.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Cervini's side pipes , Not only do they look great they sound amazing i have a sound clip on you tube
Maybe that amazing sound just isn't coming through on the video, because that sounds strange........
stang looks good though:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
i did a lot of research on this. listening to different set up's. checking the power and torque that was either added or lost. on a 05+ use a x pipe. 04 & before H pipe. this is so you dont lose torque. oh yeah.. dont cut the cat's....or light on dash plus you will lose more torque. run your duals to what ever muffler that you prefer(the sound you like). hp gain and no lose in low end torque. personally i used the gt take off's. i like the sound of it.
if you remove the cats its gets real raspy on high rpm's(kinda ricey...lol). i will try to post a video on youtube.
the x pipe will still give u rice sound on 05 and up v6

·
Registered
70 Posts
idk i still have my gt take offs and they sound just fine to me. i dont like a lot of drone and i def dont like cops staring at me. :nono: i know that smokey88 used to have slp loudmouths on his and they sounded amazing till about 4000rpm then they started to pop.:so as long as he wasnt really racing his car they sounded good. just my .02 though

·
Registered
872 Posts
I searched a lot of them on youtube and so far my favorite is Corsa. It has that nice deep muscle tone and doesn't sound ricey. Even for cool/cold mornings, I think its better than most.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.