Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to these forums but thought you guys may be able to help me out. I have a 2005 4.0 V6 Mustang and I'm in the process of adding some parts. I'm currently ordering a BBK cold air intake and my next step is a new exhaust but I'm not sure of what sounds great and is affordable. Ive only heard a dual magnaflow setup so far and it sounded mean, almost couldve been taken as a v8! I was wondering if anyone else has heard of any other good setups.

Another question I have is, I know someone selling an x-pipe for 25 bucks, only catch; supposedly it had rust but can be grinded out. Think I should take up that offer?

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
I will recommend the dual exhaust kit from newtakeoff.com, Its what I have on mine and many others here have done the same. Very reasonably priced and looks/sounds great. And more importantly no annoying interior drone.

I would also recommend if you are getting a CAI, to get one that requires a tune. I have the JLT CAI and SCT tuner for my car and it is a totally different experience performance wise. Save your money for this, you will not be sorry. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha it takes forever to save up for parts only working for minimum wage as a student! Make a hundred a week and put almost half in my tank. Is that dual package loud? because I'm looking for something you can hear when you step on it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts