Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Justin at vmp tuning told me to get different plugs gapped at .035 to prevent blowout with the pulley kit i got and im assuming there a range colder? I wanted to know whats the best brand/plug to go with. ive heard of Autolite HTO wondering whats your thoughts

Thanks.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I use Brisk 3VR14s which are 1 heat range colder than stock. Gapped at .032" with great results.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I guess I'm still "old school." Still haven't changed from Autolite HT0's. Mine are now gapped at .024 due to higher boost. But they are a pain to gap compared to others...

Edit: did I mention they are a PITA to gap??

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im a little confused when you say its a pain to gap , the gap is the .024 right and you buy them like that dont you? i only know enough about cars to be dangerious lol.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
im a little confused when you say its a pain to gap , the gap is the .024 right and you buy them like that dont you? i only know enough about cars to be dangerious lol.
You need a special tool to gap the Autolites, or a small punch and hammer (not recommended). The others gap normally.

Oh, and the Autolites come out of the box with a gap around .045 or so...way too wide for boosted engines.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
ok so if i get the brisk ones i can just swap them out your saying?
You'll still need to gap them but no special tool needed, just a $.50 gap thing from any auto parts store or else, preferred, feeler gauges.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
k, any one else have recommendations for best sparkplugs? what is 07 gt stock heat range anyway. i see what you mean by the HTO'S gapping hard and i dont really wanna spend 17 bucks a pieace on brisk plugs

1 - 9 of 9 Posts