Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I just turned 22 today, I am no where close to as old as I need to be to have been driving my car back in the 60's and listening to the music I love.

But I am not an idiot! I know what REAL music is, and I know what a real hot and nice looking car SHOULD look like. And that is old classic music from the 60's and 70's and a Mustang from the 60's.

So now I am to the point where I want to work on the interior. I want to know what kind of speakers are on the market that will make this music sound amazing? I want the bass and drums on these songs to pop out and give off a nice thump when it's playing.

I do not care for those extremely loud rap song door panel rattling bass hits. I just want it to feel like the drums and bass in the song are making thump in your chest like if you were actually there listening to the band.

What speakers will give me that effect? And in what combination of what DIN radio unit that can offer a good bass boost for these old songs.

All of this that can fit in my 1968 Mustang Coupe???

Here an example of a song I want to really sound amazing in my car.

YouTube - ‪The Byrds - Mr Tambourine Man (Remastered)‬‏

YouTube - ‪School Days - Chuck Berry‬‏

YouTube - ‪The Capris -There's a moon out tonight‬‏

Other than this song, I love the Beatles early music like there first record Please Please Me. I also love the Rolling Stones and Beach Boys. I love Doo Wop also. Is there anything on the market to make all these bands music to sound as amazing as possible.

Again I am not looking for that rap song, Kesha, or raygay speaker setup. I want a setup for the REAL music.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
basically any new set of speakers is going to play this music perfectly.

Id say just get a nice CD player, a set of 4 speakers that will fit in your car and a powered sub for the lows and easy install.

I just replaced the radio and speakers in my '88 and it made a HUGE difference. I just want a little bass yet to round things out. Look on crutchfield.com and go to town.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you know if 6"x9" speakers will fit the rear deck panel without cutting into it the steel panel there? Will they just bolt right in there, and then I can put the carpet cover of the rear deck panel to cover them up?

If I do need to cut the rear panel, does that mean getting the MP products molded ABS rear deck panel with the speaker pods in them is the better choice?

Is there like a reading on the speakers that makes them better suited for this music? I have no clue with this stuff.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I honestly couldn't tell you what will or wont fit in your car. Hopefully somebody will chime in later today.

There is nothing that says on the speaker what music its suited for.

When somebody else gets on here and recommends what size speakers to look for just get a brand name speaker and you will be happy.

The 3 things you need to be sure on is the size of the speaker, the bottom mount depth (how far below the mounting flange the speaker goes) and top mount depth(how far above the mounting flange the speaker goes).

Say you have a brace or something that's 3"under your rear shelf, you just want to make sure your speaker will not hang down lower then that.

Another thing, Im not sure how the factory stero wiring is on a '68 but be prepared to run all new wires for the speakers and head unit (cd player)

·
Registered
542 Posts
Just take the speakers out of a coulple of old AM transistor radios, LOL. Really you should take your favorite CD and head to the car audio stores. There you can listen to your music through various radios and speaker sets. This way you can best pick what pleases your ears.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts