Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got myself a 351C block bored .030 for my 1970 coupe. I was planning on using stock heads. I know there is several styles of heads for this engine and im having trouble on what to use for my build. i want something that would be good for street use. Would the 4v closed chamber heads be good or the harder to find australian 2v?

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
if you can afford them, get the Trick Flow heads, otherwise, yes get the 2V heads, the 4vs have enormous ports and are made for really high rpm power.

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
Actually for street use the 351C 2v heads are fine. It will give good around torque and still be able to breathe. Good Luck.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what would the compression be if i used the 2v open chambers? A friend of mine has a set heads with the casting number D5AE-A2A. i looked them up and all i know is that they are 351M heads? Does anyone have info on these heads and are they any good?

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
Those are probably low compression heads, like 8.8 maybe, I thought you might have the 70 351Cl 2V heads which are about 9.3 or 9.5 compression. Good Luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts