Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup guyzzz,

I've been avoiding a tune and oil change for a while since I haven't been driving as much. So is there any new info on brands? i've been using RP 1030, MSD coil, wires, platinum plugs, motorcraft filter'(s) and pcv. Is there any other brands to consider for mostly stock fox? I heard of hypertech but not from a fox person.

Also I plan on installing 4.10s (manual) does anybody have experience with 4.10s in the rain? thanks

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
No need for a "tune". Are you looking for a tune up items?

Hypertech used to make "chips" for the mustang but for what the chip did you could have done yourself pretty much.

Mostly stock car then use stock items.

MSD coil is fine.
FRP wires fine.
Copper spark plugs....Autolite or Motorcraft fine.
Oil your choice.
Motorcraft oil filter or WIX fine.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No need for a "tune". Are you looking for a tune up items?

Hypertech used to make "chips" for the mustang but for what the chip did you could have done yourself pretty much.

Mostly stock car then use stock items.

MSD coil is fine.
FRP wires fine.
Copper spark plugs....Autolite or Motorcraft fine.
Oil your choice.
Motorcraft oil filter or WIX fine.
thanks, yeah i meant tune up items i was just wondering if i should change it up

·
Registered
74 Posts
^^ agreed, however personally, I would run a FoMoCo stock coil.
As for cap/rotor I would not run anything other that FoMoCo replacements.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys, I just swapped my MSD ignition coil and cap at kragen before the 1 year warranty for FREE this is my 3rd time doing this nobody has ever asked if it was something wrong with the parts lmao but i missed the wires by 1 month so I just ordered some ford racers from american muscle and some royal oil from amazon

""Also I plan on installing 4.10s (manual) does anybody have experience with 4.10s in the rain? thanks""

·
Registered
74 Posts
I typically do not drive my car in the rain, although once I was caught by a surprise sunshower while running ET Streets (bias) and ET Fronts.
Have you ever driven on wet ice?
Sorry to be of no help, but that was the only rain the car has seen while running 4.10's.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I typically do not drive my car in the rain, although once I was caught by a surprise sunshower while running ET Streets (bias) and ET Fronts.
Have you ever driven on wet ice?
Sorry to be of no help, but that was the only rain the car has seen while running 4.10's.
never driven on any ice

1 - 8 of 8 Posts