Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok ill have 4k, maybe 5k if i work really hard over summer. i only have CAI, true dual exuast. i like the P-1SC procharger but im not too good at working on cars yet so i would need to get it installed which would be expensive plus a professional custom tune cost a lot too. my dad will flip out if i get NOS so that out unless i can guarentee it wont hurt my daily driver car. so would i be better off going with 8.8 rear, gears, t-lok, sct tuner, coil pack, Ali fly wheel, UDP, and ex. bolt ons could maybe get me there? has anyone had a local mechanic P & P lower manifolds plus windstar upper, about how much for someone else to do it? any and all answers would help thanks

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
heads and a cam will get you up but i dunno about 300.

if i were u id buy a set of pistons, and a turbo charger. run 4 5 or 6 psi. that will get u up high then again i dunno about 300.

turbo is really the way to go on a sixer IMO

·
Registered
794 Posts

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
im not a guru but i think starting with a good base would be the best way to get 300HP. as a DD, and wanting 300 id say buy a power pack from Supersix motorsports. ive PMed some ppl with this done and they all say great things. this is what im going to do anyway. SSM will even build you a block a preformance block. and an 8.8 rear already has a tlok, so why not get the stronger rear just incase.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh ya i want 300+ rwhp not at the crank

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok so a 8.8 rear and what sized gears, and how much for a mech to put it on? can i get a ssms lower intake and a windstar upper with ssms heads and cam? or would a ssms power pack just be better? since its going to be on a auto daily driver should i get stage 2, 2+, or 3? and does anyone know the hp gain of the TMA turbo offered from them? it is cheap but i dont think i could take on that big of a project myself, so i would need a mech to install

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
unless ur going FI u really dont need the 8.8 IMO

and if it never/rarely sees trck still dont. if ull track it alot and or eun slicks...8.8!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i want gears and tlok and i will eventually put it on the track and eventually get a turbo or procharger so would 8.8 be better to get now instead of buying tlok and gears then switching later?

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
yea theres really no downside to 8.8 lol

but the 7.5's are strong. if ur going to do it 8.8 is great

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok should i get tma turbo from ssms or should i build up my engine first? im not sure the turbo deal will be here after i save up again if i build it up first though...

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
ive HERD that 4 5 or 6 psi would be ok.

but for more power, id build up the motor and run 9 10 or 11.

but thats jsut what ive herd sorry i really cant help you there!

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
u could get the turbo and run it a bit conservative then maybe save up and build up your internals then go crazy..

·
Registered
57 Posts

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Alright 300rwhp won't happen without forced induction (unless you want a track only v6).

/ SSMS has a tma turbo kit for sell for 2500$ which is a good deal.
/ you can get a procharger kit (opt for the D1 upgrade) , add long tubes, gears, and a Detroit True Trac to your rear end and be at about 310rwhp
/ If you need a cam, send me a PM.

And I'm also in texas ;)

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
I would build the internals of the motor first and worry about reaching 300RWHP second. THe stock block is not gonna like boost for a long time and you won't have 300RWHP with broken rods or burned pistons.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I dunno but :headscratch:.... what about this stroker kit...

Morana V6 stroker

will be this a nice buy?? or maybe are others a little more cheaper???:scratchchin

·
Registered
8,348 Posts
I dunno but :headscratch:.... what about this stroker kit...

Morana V6 stroker

will be this a nice buy?? or maybe are others a little more cheaper???:scratchchin
Stroker kits are fine if you know how to build a motor. It is not a textbook project.

Hey, didn't I just say this in another thread?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
ok is it me or does the tom morana sound like a good deal, if im reading right its a whole new 4.3l engine block? with forged internals upper and lower P & P intake manifolds and a new cam? now that sounds like one hell of a deal? if i get that block then could my next upgrade be a tma turbo and a tuner? that sounds like it would produce like what 350ish horseeyys at the wheels and handel it all day long right?

4.3L Stroker Kit, consists of-
cast steel crankshaft, forged connecting rods, hypereutectic pistons(forged avail)performance piston rings, Clevite or SpeedPro bearings, balanced- $2,350. US. funds

4.3L Stroker short block- incl. all the above 4.3 Stroker components plus, block(bored, honed)double rolling timing chain, performance camshaft(your choice) assembled- $3,500. US. funds

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Tom Morana Racing Engines

so i could get this and run 4-6 psi of boost on a stock engine with stock internals? would that be a little hard on internals, because if i got that first then it would be 6 months to year later before i could get the 4.3l stroker kit, you think if i drove it 1k miles a month for a year it would be fine for just #4-#6 boost? oh and it says 88-98 do yall think it could fit on a 2000? :headscratch: i can never decide between a supercharger, turbocharger or procharger, lol i want them all, ok that wont happen :nono: dang

·
Registered
57 Posts
in fact it's a supercharger the last one.... low boost will be like 5 or 6 lbs... but it will be hard for the engine... IF... you're engine isn't in good shape :nono:

but hey... if U don't try it... U'll never know... right???:D

1 - 20 of 135 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.