Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
From everything I've heard/seen car covers do more harm then good. It's no where near an easy solution having to take it on and off everytime I decide to go for a cruise? And it's very costly to get a perfectly fitted one.
I beg to differ you should try one, they are great and you wont go back , I got mine from Brenspeed at a great price and it fits perfectly , 5 minutes really isnt that long:yup:

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
:nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:
Even if you people are joking about poisoning or shooting the CAT!NOT FUNNY AT ALL!!!

It's not funny to advocate animal abuse of any kind!There are enough sick individuals in this world.Please don't do this even jokingly!
Nobody is telling him to abuse the cat and make it suffer. One shotgun shell would do the trick quickly and the cat would never feel it :D

Then get a dog.

·
Registered
49 Posts
First off I like cats but had the same problem with cats sleeping on my convertible,did the car cover but the cats used it as a scratching post. So what I did was set about a dozen small mouse traps (the spring type traps) on the hood,top and trunk.Checked the next morning and four or five traps were on the ground and snapped closed. Did this for a week and the cats stopped using the car for nap time.

·
Registered
124 Posts
This reminds me of a car commercial video I saw years ago.

But since it involves cruelty to animals I won't post the link (that can be found on YouTube by searching for "Ford Cat Sunroof Commercial").

And I just hope that no one runs across it while looking for Cat on Car solutions.

:smilie

Don't worry... it's not real.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I don't know your situation fully, but my mustang is always parked in the garage. If you can do that, otherwise those advising to buy a car cover is the next best thing.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have so many answers I won't give . . .

Greg

Hi guys,

I've been having this issue for the past couple years. My previous car (first car) would constantly have paw prints on it from a cat, I never knew if it was my cat or another neighborhood cat until now. I just recently moved to a new neighborhood where my cat(Jammer) is pretty much the only cat on the block. About 3 days after bringing my new BLACK Mustang home I noticed paw prints and almost flipped my lid. There is also a imprint on the top of the car where you can see he laid on the roof. On my last car he or another cat used their nails while disembarking from my car and sunk their claws into the rear pillar behind the passenger door as they were coming down to brace their impact; The damage went well through the clear coat. I'm worried that this or worse will happen on the Mustang and be even more obvious since it's Black this time. In addition even if he doesn't scratch it it's annoying to have imprints all over the dusty hood from him and on the roof.. I had a friend jokingly say "It looks like Jammer had hookers and blow on the roof of Eva" Lol. :laugh:

My mom mentioned that she heard of a protect that was some sort of a small pad that you put on your windshield that emitted a scent that kept cats far away from your car. But of course she doesn't know what it's called...

TIA for any help! I don't want to get rid of my cat but if I have no other option to save Eva then I might have to.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Thinking about getting rid of kitty for walking on the car is saddening. I have 3 kitties but they all live indoors. There's a few outside who walk on our cars, but I love cats and see it as "its gonna happen if they want to do it."

If you have a garage, put it in there? Maybe google search stuff on how to keep cats off cars? I know cats dont like the scent of bitter apple ... they sell some of that stuff in a spritz bottle, spray it around the car?

·
Registered
389 Posts

·
Banned
886 Posts
Nobody is telling him to abuse the cat and make it suffer. One shotgun shell would do the trick quickly and the cat would never feel it :D

Then get a dog.
Why don't you also condone dog killing!I had a dog scratch the hell out of my car by jumping on the side of it with it's front paws.I guess i just should have got my shotgun & blasted it!:gringreen

GTF OFF MY CAR!!!!!!!!
He he he:smoke:
Hey ry66cobra it only took your rookie ass 18 posts 2 make a complete moron of yourself huh!:bigthumbsup

Maybe a motion-sensor sprinkler. Your car might get wet for a week or two, but kitty will soon learn that car park area isn't much fun.

Havahart Spray Away Motion Sprinkler — Protects 1000 Sq. Ft. | Animal Control | Northern Tool + Equipment

A few more tips...like motion-sensor ultrasonic noise generators...
Either this or get a car cover or put it in a garage if you really do care that much about your PRECIOUS BABY!

What's with you idiots thinking it's ok to kill someones pet!If it's a stray who's fault is that someone didn't get their animals spayed or neutered!It's still not ok to advocate killing an animal because you can't be responsible for your vehicle!STOP THIS BS!

·
Registered
15 Posts
As an animal lover I vote for a non-violent solution.

Something like this might work for you: MDM One Car Instant Garage House Style 12'W x 20'L x 8'H - HutShop.com

I too am not a fan of car covers. I am using one on my '84 Capri mainly to minimize interior fading and to help with the leaky t-top, but the cover has rubbed through the paint on some trim pieces due to whipping in the wind. It's not an issue for me because the car already needed a repaint, but I would never use a cover on a new car.

My poor '07 GT has gotten hail dents, it's been egged twice leaving two of those "bite marks" in the paint from the egg shells, and a soccer mom took out my left front fender. Any car that is left outside is at risk.

Good luck with it.
Mike

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.