Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I did my suspension last year I made sure to buy new fomoco spring isolators for the bmr Springs. After a year they have fully disintegrated leaving me with metal to metal on the strut. Does anyone have a better alternative to the factory pieces? I don't want to do this yearly.

·
Registered
101 Posts
When I did my suspension last year I made sure to buy new fomoco spring isolators for the bmr Springs. After a year they have fully disintegrated leaving me with metal to metal on the strut. Does anyone have a better alternative to the factory pieces? I don't want to do this yearly.
Btw they are called insulators just so you know what to ask for. But I used the factory ford ones. They usually come with glue already applied to them so they stay in place. I've never had an issue with them when I had them on my struts.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
mine fell apart as well. I decided to use electrical tape instead of the insulators. i know they make like rubber tubes you can slip onto the springs that are universal but the tape works just fine. You will be fine without anything actually.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts