Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well my dad is almost done is Big Block CHEVY motor... its a 454 stroker to a 498ci! well my mom said he cant do anything else to his car till the house is done!...this will take up to 2 yrs... he came up with the idea of putting it in my stang... along with a th-400 tranz... well i know AJE makes a K member for a BBC in a fox body and lemmons headers make a set of headders for it! does anyone know about a cross member or if someone sells a drive shaft for this monster?!?!?

im running my combo the rest of this season... but winter... the stangs goin in the garage and were gonna shimmy this monster combo in! 498 stroker 4 bolt mains, eagal crank and rods, JE pistons, 10.5 - 1 compression, dart big chief heads, custom n2o cam, brodix intake, 1050 dominator, with a 300hp plate 2 stage hit!!! stock like suspention small tire " same as listed below!"

any ideas what et's?

any info on how its done, articals. pics, or anything else will be great!

·
Registered
154 Posts
first time ive heard of this being done....chevy engine in a mustang:p haha..

thats one bad ass engine though...id do it to

props to ur dad:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
heres a pic of my buddys 93 notch with a 406 ci small block chevy! the car has been 8.20's on drag radials!

full interior small tire 100% street car!

Attachments

·
Registered
328 Posts
i am not sure on the crossmember but the driveshaft shouldnt be a problem. a drivetrain shop can build you a custom driveshaft cheaper than you can buy a new one or they can modify what you have.maybe call aje about the crossmember,they can probably tell you who to talk to about it

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for all the help... now i gotta look into a oil pan!! anyone have ideas?

·
Registered
294 Posts
does anyone know about a cross member or if someone sells a drive shaft for this monster?!?!?
Those will prolly have to be custom units. The driveshaft can be made by a good driveline shop and for the cross member you might be able to use the stock one but you would have to drill the spot welds out and relocate it and then weld it back.

A BBC in a Mustang is nothing new so there is a lot of info out there if you search.

BTW the 1st Drag Radial car to run 6's was a Fox Mustang with a BBC in it. (David Hance and the road to the Drag Radial 6 Second Barrier - Stang TV Forums)

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
My neighbor has an LX with a small block Chevy with 2 stages of nitrous, and run 9's with it. He uses a front engine plate, mid engine plate, custom crossmember for the Powerglide tranny, and then custom headers.

R

·
0 Posts
there a couple of guys aroud here that have LS1's in mustang

which actually run real good.....but its still is not right.....

I'd rather my sister work at the "Mustang Ranch" (Las Vegas)

Than a GM motor under the hood of my car....:gringreen

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.