Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i am in no way mechanically inclined so i need some help here....i want to get the big mutha thumper comp cams for my 2007 GT, it says that it requires a 2500 stall converter. the ones i am looking at are for a c4 transmission is this correct? can someone guide me on the best way to go about getting the things i need to get these cams installed?

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
Well your trans is a 5R55S. You dont need this cam, it's way to much for you mods.

BIG MUTHA' THUMPR™ - Extremely rough idle, needs stroker motor and/or ported heads. Major hp gains to 6800 rpm. Best with 3.73+ gears & 2500 stall. Compatible with stock valve springs, but requires cam phaser upgrade & custom tuning.
This is a much better cam for your car.

MUTHA' THUMPR™ - Very rough idle, biggest cam for stock heads. Great power above 4900 rpm. Compatible with stock valve springs, benefits from converter & gears, requires cam phaser upgrade & custom tuning.

Does anyone have tunes for either setup for your Superchip?
You may have to get a SCT.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so you're suggesting to go with the mutha thumper instead of the big mutha thumper?
Where can i find the needed parts? do they have an all in one kit that i can get?

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
so you're suggesting to go with the mutha thumper instead of the big mutha thumper?
Where can i find the needed parts? do they have an all in one kit that i can get?
You can call Chris at Tillman Speed 160.497.3711 and he can get you headed in the right direction.

What is your goal for your car?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
at this point in time i'm just trying to get that deep muscle car rough idle and some quicker times at the 1/4 mile. no actual goals at this point in time...i'm pretty new to all this. I've only really done body work in the past.

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
at this point in time i'm just trying to get that deep muscle car rough idle and some quicker times at the 1/4 mile. no actual goals at this point in time...i'm pretty new to all this. I've only really done body work in the past.
Ok If you can give Chris a call tomorrow 1000-1500 Est. or Monday.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks alot i really appreciate it!:D

·
Shelby Gt 350 member
9,239 Posts
The best thing you will ever do is make a plan for your car and have a goal. Without one you will end up with a car that doesn’t do any one thing great but will probably do a whole bunch of things not so good.

And if you don’t have a plan you will, and this has been proven over and over again, spend 2-3x times more money and time than you need too.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
The best thing you will ever do is make a plan for your car and have a goal. Without one you will end up with a car that doesn’t do any one thing great but will probably do a whole bunch of things not so good.

And if you don’t have a plan you will, and this has been proven over and over again, spend 2-3x times more money and time than you need too.
Really sound advice here. I made a list of mods that I put together after reading articles, talking to forum members and just reading. I made this list before I bought one thing for the car. Its changed many many times. But so far I have only had one part that I had to remove. UPR knobs didnt have the lighting shine through. Other than that I have not had to buy the same part or remove something to put something else on. My list has everything from Appearance, engine, suspension, engine compartment. Actually I am almost done. For the first time my to buy list is actually shorter than my installed list.

Also ask questions!!! I chose this forum because these guys answer all questions even though every single day there is a new "What cold air intake to get" thread.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
AHH a plan what`s that you say? That is The best thing you can do,is what I say. Remember the 6 P`S Prior Proper Planning Prevents Poor Performanc.Do your research, and read a lot on this forum ; you will figure it all out. It will come to you like magic from the heavens.:gringreen

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.